Stanford for a chance to go 2-1 vs. Pac 12 this season...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

What a poop day
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Well poop indeed.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

That awful foul call with 45 seconds left that should have been a travel made a huge difference. Other than that, UW should be embarrassed by this loss. This could be one of those losses that pushes this team to first 4 out territory. Now the next two games are must wins.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

Horrible loss. Think we probably finish somewhere in the middle of the conference most likely. Around 5th to 7th place. Just not deep enough.

Need another big guy like Ike down low and another player that can slash and get a basket.

Basketball I’m not as excited about anymore now after this loss.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Free throws! 53 percent and multiple front end misses will sink the ship. Time to get back to work and wth was that inbound play with 10 seconds left?!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:23 pm Horrible loss. Think we probably finish somewhere in the middle of the conference most likely. Around 5th to 7th place. Just not deep enough.

Need another big guy like Ike down low and another player that can slash and get a basket.

yup. We are not contenders this year. The team we lost to is not very good
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Vt poke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:34 pm Free throws! 53 percent and multiple front end misses will sink the ship. Time to get back to work and wth was that inbound play with 10 seconds left?!
That's called Hunter Thompson doesn't belong in division 1 basketball so let's force him onto the court anyway.

It's almost comical at this point how these kids are such good three point shooters yet so awful at the free throw line. It just doesn't make any sense.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:23 pm Horrible loss. Think we probably finish somewhere in the middle of the conference most likely. Around 5th to 7th place. Just not deep enough.

The conference isn't anything special this year. CSU is a legitimate tournament team but everyone else is pretty mediocre. I think this team has a small chance to win the conference since they match up well enough with CSU and realistically could finish 2-5 unless Ike gets hurt or makes a habit of getting into foul trouble.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

I won’t be surprised if Ike enters the transfer portal after this year. Guaranteed a bunch of big schools will be recruiting him.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:15 pm I won’t be surprised if Ike enters the transfer portal after this year. Guaranteed a bunch of big schools will be recruiting him.
I do not think so. Linder is a good coach and Ike is a good man. The two have a great relationship. Coach - player relationship is by far the biggest factor still imo
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Holy over-reaction Batman! This thread went a little far.

Dang. We lose a 50/50 game on a neutral court to a lower half PAC-12 team and all of a sudden we suck and Ike is going to transfer? Tough crowd.

Pokes were never a NCAA or top tier MWC team this year, we are a couple of pieces away. However, we should be mid-pack with a bright future.

We obviously need more ball handling and interior depth, but we are 20 months away from rock freaking bottom.

Hopefully Pokes can rebound (figuratively and literally) and get at least one, maybe two, wins in Hawaii.

Our Football team will suck for the foreseeable future so time to get behind this hoops team.

Also, buy lots of Ike shirts.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:04 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:15 pm I won’t be surprised if Ike enters the transfer portal after this year. Guaranteed a bunch of big schools will be recruiting him.
I do not think so. Linder is a good coach and Ike is a good man. The two have a great relationship. Coach - player relationship is by far the biggest factor still imo
Agreed. Marcus Williams transferring was not a surprise if you watched the interactions last year. Ike would be a shock.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

NowherePoke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:40 pm
Agreed. Marcus Williams transferring was not a surprise if you watched the interactions last year. Ike would be a shock.
Not that big of a shock. A kid might get more tik tok followers if they didn’t play for Wyoming
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

NowherePoke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:40 pm
Agree with this. Had it on very good authority that Williams was essentially told to transfer. Too many off court issues. Ike on the other hand is a good kid, haven't heard of any such issues with him.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

I was just somewhat irritated after the Stanford game. Blowing off steam.

I thought we were better than Stanford. We just didn’t shoot as well as we could have or we win that game semi easily.

I still think we finish 5th to 7th in conference. Just not enough depth. I Like the team and coaches, just wish we had a couple more go to guys to help out.

NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:04 pm I was just somewhat irritated after the Stanford game. Blowing off steam.

I thought we were better than Stanford. We just didn’t shoot as well as we could have or we win that game semi easily.

I still think we finish 5th to 7th in conference. Just not enough depth. I Like the team and coaches, just wish we had a couple more go to guys to help out.
I see us in that same range. Need a couple more pieces as you note.
springs_poke
Buckaroo

And there is the rub. It's harder to gain those pieces than to lose them. That is the world we now live in.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

The refs were in Stanford's corner the last 3 mins, lots of travels, muggings and no calls...pathetic, but Good heart Pokes
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Jeez dude. You go instantly to doom and gloom? Did you have us at 32-1 this season? Maybe let’s play a single conference game before we give up on the season. Not to mention writing off our best player as gone.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Too much time off...we never could really get it going. Good experience, time to move on, and hopefully head into conference at 10 & 2.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...