UW @ U of A

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Any of you Phoenix area guys want to hit the game in Tucson? I’ll drive room for 7.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Well, its not looking ahead to start fantasizing about getting a win in Tucson. Time to get ready to shock the world.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

I'm excited to see how they do in this game. I see it as a no lose situation, no one expects us to win but would be huge if we did. Hopefully the team plays loose and some of the three-pointers start falling. Either way it is good prep they see where they are against a good team before the upcoming non-conference tournament and the start of conference play.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I'm really curious where the line will be for this game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think we can win this one.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think if we shoot our avg % for 3s we can be in this game. If they lock us down where Jeffries and DuSell can’t get open looks, we’ll be in trouble. Jeffries is money when he has space but really struggles when anyone is near him. Luckily so far, he’s had lots of clean looks
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Were going to need everyone to play their best to have a chance. They have a lot of length/athleticism. These guys might be the first team we've faced this year with an answer for both Ike and Maldo, which means we'll need our shooters to show up.

J.O.'s post defense will be a huge factor.

Will Dusell go off in front of his friends and family?

This is a great early test. Our SOS and NET will take huge jumps, regardless of results. We really don't have anything to lose(knock on wood for injuries).

Man, it sure would be great to go to Tucson and smash those guys right in the mouth.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Excited for this game obviously, but I'm just hoping we can keep it within 20... Arizona's essentially beaten 3 teams by 50 pts this year including NDSU, they beat Michigan, who was ranked #4 at the time by 18. Their closest game they beat Wichita St by 4. Should be a great experience for the Pokes to play a top 10, potentially championship caliber type team...... Would be absolutely incredible to go get a win there, but realistically I'm just hoping to see the Pokes be competitive. Arizona will make several good teams look bad this year just like they did with Michigan.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:16 pm Excited for this game obviously, but I'm just hoping we can keep it within 20... Arizona's essentially beaten 3 teams by 50 pts this year including NDSU, they beat Michigan, who was ranked #4 at the time by 18. Their closest game they beat Wichita St by 4. Should be a great experience for the Pokes to play a top 10, potentially championship caliber type team...... Would be absolutely incredible to go get a win there, but realistically I'm just hoping to see the Pokes be competitive. Arizona will make several good teams look bad this year just like they did with Michigan.
This will be good experience for the Pokes. We need to go up against a good team to prepare for the rest of the season. Regardless, Wyoming shouldn't be intimidated and go in there with the intention of beating them.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Bear Down, Beat the Cats!! Go Pokes!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Arizona is on ESPNU right now against Oregon St.

Like I said before, if I’m Linder I probably slow this down to a crawl like last year against San Diego st in the tournament. Arizona loves to get up and down the court and run. If Wyoming plays their pace they will get blown out.

If Wyoming turns it into a half court game and is hitting some 3’s then it will be a close game. No way we can run with them though on their home floor.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

DVDA wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:32 pm I'm really curious where the line will be for this game.
Line will be around -13 to -14 most likely.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Arizona won over Oregon St 90-65, high man 29...9-32 from 3...so we shall see how the Pokes fair against them in Tucson on Wed. Lander I thought there might be a chance but that Mathurin kid might be outta our league...we shall see....Cmon Pokes shock the Top 25 world
Last edited by stymeman on Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Ike can't get in foul trouble this game to have a chance. Thompson is going to get murdered on the boards if UW gets stuck playing him for 20 minutes at center.

Wyoming has to control the pace of play and slow this to a snails pace to have a chance.

Arizona is so hot and cold in the games I have watched this year. They have incredible size and athleticism but they lack great outside shooting. They thrive in fast paced sloppy games because they have more talent than the teams they play. Wyoming has to turn this into a slow half court game like they did with SDSU in the conference tournament last year. I'm really looking forward to see what Linder can get out of these kids on the road versus one of the best teams in the country.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

DVDA wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:48 pm Ike can't get in foul trouble this game to have a chance. Thompson is going to get murdered on the boards if UW gets stuck playing him for 20 minutes at center.

Wyoming has to control the pace of play and slow this to a snails pace to have a chance.

Arizona is so hot and cold in the games I have watched this year. They have incredible size and athleticism but they lack great outside shooting. They thrive in fast paced sloppy games because they have more talent than the teams they play. Wyoming has to turn this into a slow half court game like they did with SDSU in the conference tournament last year. I'm really looking forward to see what Linder can get out of these kids on the road versus one of the best teams in the country.
Seems like we are going to need to hit some threes to win this. X needs to have a big game.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:31 pm I'm excited to see how they do in this game. I see it as a no lose situation, no one expects us to win but would be huge if we did. Hopefully the team plays loose and some of the three-pointers start falling. Either way it is good prep they see where they are against a good team before the upcoming non-conference tournament and the start of conference play.
💯

Reminds me of CU-Boulder in 2012

I'd be okay if the outcome is the same too
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

stymeman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:25 pm Arizona won over Oregon St 90-65, high man 29...9-32 from 3...so we shall see how the Pokes fair against them in Tucson on Wed. Lander I thought there might be a chance but that Mathurin kid might be outta our league...we shall see....Cmon Pokes shock the Top 25 world
Oregon st. Is 1-8 so not sure it means much
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Tracy Ringolsby recorded an interview with Linder that previews the Arizona game..

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I'm glad I was traveling to Thanksgiving for the Washington game because I still have the FuboTV free trial to watch the Arizona game.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Old-Bull wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:30 pm I'm glad I was traveling to Thanksgiving for the Washington game because I still have the FuboTV free trial to watch the Arizona game.
Two options, sign up for another free trial using a different email (a spouse or friend and another CC and another device), or I’m pretty sure that Guy is streaming on FB.