UW @ U of A

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

It’s a shame this couldn’t get kicked over to a national broadcast .
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wildcats 15 pt favorites, i think I'd take UW and that spread, Go Pokes
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:42 pm Wildcats 15 pt favorites, i think I'd take UW and that spread, Go Pokes
Only way we cover that is if Linder uses the same game plan he did against Aztecs in the tournament last year. Needs to slow this way down on the offensive end and make it a half court game. Also I think it would be smart to play a zone on defense to slow their offense down as well. Make them have to shoot a bunch of 3’s. If they can make enough to beat us then so be it. I wouldn’t play much man though.

Arizona only shoots it 33% as a team from 3. They only have one guy that shoots above 35% from 3. Thats Aiken , he plays about 13 minutes a game. They do have one other guy that shoots 50% but he only plays 2 minutes a game so if it’s close he probably isn’t playing. Most of them shoot 30% or less from 3.

That is what my game plan would be. Set up in a 1-3-1 matchup zone or a 2-3 and just pack it in.

Then on offense run your half court stuff and don’t take a shot until under 10 seconds.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:19 pm
stymeman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:42 pm Wildcats 15 pt favorites, i think I'd take UW and that spread, Go Pokes
Only way we cover that is if Linder uses the same game plan he did against Aztecs in the tournament last year. Needs to slow this way down on the offensive end and make it a half court game. Also I think it would be smart to play a zone on defense to slow their offense down as well. Make them have to shoot a bunch of 3’s. If they can make enough to beat us then so be it. I wouldn’t play much man though.

Arizona only shoots it 33% as a team from 3. They only have one guy that shoots above 35% from 3. Thats Aiken , he plays about 13 minutes a game. They do have one other guy that shoots 50% but he only plays 2 minutes a game so if it’s close he probably isn’t playing. Most of them shoot 30% or less from 3.

That is what my game plan would be. Set up in a 1-3-1 matchup zone or a 2-3 and just pack it in.

Then on offense run your half court stuff and don’t take a shot until under 10 seconds.
This is the game to go back to the Shyatt blueprint like you've described. Linder is a smart coach. He will do everything he can to keep this from becoming a track meet.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

15 points...hmm. I don't think I would feel great with money on either side of that line.... But I definitely would feel worse on the Wyoming side. I agree with the plan to slow it down and keep connected. Tall task, (especially in Arizona) but I hope the players are psyched up to give a great effort.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I dont think Wyoming will have to do much different for Arizona. Linder said they wouldn't change anything. Wyomings been very deliberate on offense this year. Maybe they wait a little longer on the shot clock to feed the post, but we haven't really been pushing the pace at all this season.

I'm more interested in seeing how we handle the pressure with length that Arizona brings. I think we have to take care of the ball and do well on the glass to have a chance.

Its moving day for the MWC. Utah State travels to BYU and Fresno goes to undefeated San Fran. We won't be favored in any of those but thats 3 chances for the league to get quad 1 victories on the road. Just 1 victory in those games would be good for the league. 2 would be great.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Line up to -16.5 now.

Hopefully we can keep it to a single digit game but will be very tough.

Honestly if this weren’t a Wyoming game (cause I don’t bet against Wyoming) I would have taken Arizona based on what the line opened at and moved from -14.5 to -15. Now up to -16.5. You have an undefeated Wyoming team getting a huge line like that, most times in that situation the favorite covers it.

Hopefully tonight is one of the times the favorite doesn’t cover it.

We will need to get defensive rebounds for sure. Only give them one chance at a shot as much as possible because we won’t be getting more than one shot each time down I’m sure. Keep our turnovers down also.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:07 am Line up to -16.5 now.

Hopefully we can keep it to a single digit game but will be very tough.

Honestly if this weren’t a Wyoming game (cause I don’t bet against Wyoming) I would have taken Arizona based on what the line opened at and moved from -14.5 to -15. Now up to -16.5. You have an undefeated Wyoming team getting a huge line like that, most times in that situation the favorite covers it.

Hopefully tonight is one of the times the favorite doesn’t cover it.

We will need to get defensive rebounds for sure. Only give them one chance at a shot as much as possible because we won’t be getting more than one shot each time down I’m sure. Keep our turnovers down also.
I put some change down on that +16.5 for Wyoming. I don't think we'll win by any means, but I definitely think they keep it within 16.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I think part of the 16.5 is based on the Poke's last two games. Sure, they won, but the play (especially the defense) did not appear to me to be up to the beginning season play.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Gotta wonder if we can utilize Thompson some with Ike as they have and have him on the perimeter to open up the post some for Ike. Basically 4 guys on the three point line, with cuts
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:11 pm Gotta wonder if we can utilize Thompson some with Ike as they have and have him on the perimeter to open up the post some for Ike. Basically 4 guys on the three point line, with cuts
Although Thompson has been much improved this year, I'm scared of him playing against Arizona. He's definitely better at the four. I just think Arizona has the intellect and the talented post players to exploit Thompson's defensive liabilities.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Old-Bull wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:27 pm
Vt poke wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:11 pm Gotta wonder if we can utilize Thompson some with Ike as they have and have him on the perimeter to open up the post some for Ike. Basically 4 guys on the three point line, with cuts
Although Thompson has been much improved this year, I'm scared of him playing against Arizona. He's definitely better at the four. I just think Arizona has the intellect and the talented post players to exploit Thompson's defensive liabilities.
Agree that in a man set he could have a tough matchup, but if we zone up, you never know. Going to have to be creative and drain some 3’s
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Arizona is very big. They start a 7 footer at center and a 6’11 guy at Power forward.

Their guys are just as good if not better than Ike. They won’t really need to double team. Ike will have his hands full with just one of them. Their guy Koloko averages 3.43 blocks per game.

We just will have to use fundamentals to box out on the defensive end and get defensive rebounds and then rotate the ball as much as possible and keep moving on offense and hit some 3’s.
Hope they are cold from 3.

I hope we can win and keep it close but if I’m honest I think we may get blown out.

They have only played one game this year that was single digits. That was against Wichita St. on a neutral court. Arizona was actually ahead in that game by 16 points and started thinking they already had it won and let Wichita come back to send it to OT. Then Arizona dominated OT and finished them off.

Every other game they have won by 25 or more. Except they beat Michigan by 18. That was on a neutral court. Not at Arizona.

Vt poke
Ranch Hand

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:10 pm
Arizona is very big. They start a 7 footer at center and a 6’11 guy at Power forward.

Their guys are just as good if not better than Ike. They won’t really need to double team. Ike will have his hands full with just one of them. Their guy Koloko averages 3.43 blocks per game.

We just will have to use fundamentals to box out on the defensive end and get defensive rebounds and then rotate the ball as much as possible and keep moving on offense and hit some 3’s.
Hope they are cold from 3.

I hope we can win and keep it close but if I’m honest I think we may get blown out.

They have only played one game this year that was single digits. That was against Wichita St. on a neutral court. Arizona was actually ahead in that game by 16 points and started thinking they already had it won and let Wichita come back to send it to OT. Then Arizona dominated OT and finished them off.

Every other game they have won by 25 or more. Except they beat Michigan by 18. That was on a neutral court. Not at Arizona.
Gotta have Ike pull his best Kevin McHale impression and work the up fakes! Hoping we can hang tough, the 3 ball better be a very good friend of ours! We have nothing to lose, just gotta hope we put up some style points and maybe at the 4 min mark in second half we have a chance to steal it
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Thought they didn’t shoot the three well
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Oh course Arizona starts on fire from 3. Hope they start missing some
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:16 pm Thought they didn’t shoot the three well
They don’t but tonight they are. If they keep hitting from 3 we won’t stay with in 25

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Not much you can do when bad shooters make shots.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Getting absolutely boat raced. What a bitter disappointment
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Running under screens is a recipe to get run out of the gym. These guys look like they will torch us if we don't respond with some perimeter pressure.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.