Cal Fullerton on Monday....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This is another road game where we'll need to play better defense than we did against Hastings if we want to win.

Hopefully the students are back and are interested in watching a 5-0 team thats setting NCAA records and is incredibly fun to watch.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Not sure the CSF students care about an undefeated Wyoming team. It would be great experience for the Pokes to face another hostile crowd like Grand Canyon's. I think with Maldo back and rested the Pokes take care of business.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I watched the first half of their game versus UTRGV. CSF is not a good team, but they're athletic enough to beat UW if they get hot. They struggled versus the zone of UTRGV late in the first half. They're shooting 27.6% from 3 on the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of zone against them if UW struggles at all in man to man defense. This should be a win as long as the team doesn't get caught looking past CSF.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Fullerton is full of athletes that stink at playing ball. They are a lot like Washington. They hit the offensive boards hard. If we don’t rebound well we’ll be in a dog fight
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

CowboyNV wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:05 am Not sure the CSF students care about an undefeated Wyoming team. It would be great experience for the Pokes to face another hostile crowd like Grand Canyon's. I think with Maldo back and rested the Pokes take care of business.
Holy crap. That was some kind of tryptophan brain fart. I went straight from road game into home support. I must have used the part of my brain that was damaged in the cold war. :) Let this be a lesson to always proof read your message board posts.

Well, it is a good chance for another road win and a chance to go 6-0.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Give me something even moreso to be proud of and to come see you play. Watching hard work, dedication and desire is way more fun than going thru the motions that i witnessed against Hawaii today.....Cmon Pokes give us something to be proud of!!! It's your turn(s) the season is yours
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

This should be a game we win by 15 or better. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from our guys. I also don't think we have truly seen them at their best. They are improving game by game and they will begin putting it all together. Hopefully come time for Arizona we will be ready and pull a shocker and put the country on notice.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

aranderson wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:51 pm This should be a game we win by 15 or better. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from our guys. I also don't think we have truly seen them at their best. They are improving game by game and they will begin putting it all together. Hopefully come time for Arizona we will be ready and pull a shocker and put the country on notice.
We should beat Fullerton. They're 180th in Ken Pom. We're 128th. They have beat George Washington at home, beat San Diego and Northern Arizona on the road, and lost to Santa Clara, San Jose, and Texas Rio Grande Valley on the road.

That would be considered a bad ooc road loss if we don't get the win.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:00 pm
aranderson wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:51 pm This should be a game we win by 15 or better. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from our guys. I also don't think we have truly seen them at their best. They are improving game by game and they will begin putting it all together. Hopefully come time for Arizona we will be ready and pull a shocker and put the country on notice.
We should beat Fullerton. They're 180th in Ken Pom. We're 128th. They have beat George Washington at home, beat San Diego and Northern Arizona on the road, and lost to Santa Clara, San Jose, and Texas Rio Grande Valley on the road.

No doubt it would a bad loss. This team knows what it's capable of. Washington and Grand Canyon were and are not easy road trips. I do not expect Fullerton to be near as daunting. Bur the boys better start getting some love on the home court. Best team we've had since Nance and Adams and nobody in the arena. I'm sad for them.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

aranderson wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:27 pm

No doubt it would a bad loss. This team knows what it's capable of. Washington and Grand Canyon were and are not easy road trips. I do not expect Fullerton to be near as daunting. Bur the boys better start getting some love on the home court. Best team we've had since Nance and Adams and nobody in the arena. I'm sad for them.
Hopefully the students will notice how good we are soon. Now that football season is over maybe they'll start packing the AA.

If we keep up the road wins and we can protect our home court, there's no reason we won't be in the mix for the title at the end of the year. Once the fans realize that, maybe they'll show up to help us protect the home court. The recipe for winning the league is undefeated at home and win the most road games. So far this season, we're the most proven team in the league on the road.

I think the fans will come, it just might take a little while.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:00 pm
aranderson wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:27 pm

Hopefully the students will notice how good we are soon. Now that football season is over maybe they'll start packing the AA.

If we keep up the road wins and we can protect our home court, there's no reason we won't be in the mix for the title at the end of the year. Once the fans realize that, maybe they'll show up to help us protect the home court. The recipe for winning the league is undefeated at home and win the most road games. So far this season, we're the most proven team in the league on the road.

I think the fans will come, it just might take a little while.
Just win baby! It will come back. This is Linder's second year and it looks like his message has stuck with these guys. From an individual level don't think this team ranks highly, but I think the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts and these guys are proving that so far. I was a big Shyatt fan for his ability to get his guys on the same page and make do with less. Hopefully Linder can do that and maintain a high level of recruiting.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Almost game time...Go Pokes
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:08 pm Almost game time...Go Pokes
LFG! Keep knocking them down and ppl will notice
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Bad shooters making some shots to keep CSF close-ish. I'll live with that. The defense is playing smart so far.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Team defense and help defense has been great so far. Like DVDA said, they have made a few really tough shots to keep it under a 20 point lead.

Keep it going Pokes!

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

It's nice seeing a staff coaching these kids to sit back and let them shoot threes since CSF is such a bad shooting team. Wyoming packing the paint on defense for the most part is making it tough for CSF to get anything.

Wyoming should win by 20 as long as the referees don't turn this into the second half of the Washington game where every drive is rewarded with free throws regardless of merit.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Dusell caught with the under 16 TV timeout foul. Freshman mistake getting aggressive on that possession.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyoming builds these leads on everyone then let’s them get back in the game. That is one problem I see with this team. They need to step on their throat and finish them off instead of letting everyone get back into it. Frustrating. Pick the defense back up.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:13 pm Wyoming builds these leads on everyone then let’s them get back in the game. That is one problem I see with this team. They need to step on their throat and finish them off instead of letting everyone get back into it. Frustrating. Pick the defense back up.
All teams will make a run. It’s how we react to them. Looks like we’re hitting a few shots again but Fullerton can’t miss all of a sudden
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Someone needs to tell the announcer to mute his mic. I hope he says something funny.
W-Y, Until I Die!