Hastings on Friday....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I dont know anything about Hastings but this seems like a great chance to go 5-0.

Hopefully our fans will get on board soon. If not, we may have to launch a social media offensive imploring the students and fans to give this team the support they deserve.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Is Hastings a DII team?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am Is Hastings a DII team?
NAIA.

But don't let that fool you.

In 1982, Chaminade (based in Hawaii) was an NAIA school. Notre Dame, returning from Asia, and rated No. 1 nationally, scheduled Chaminade as a "work out" game on the way back to the US. Notre Dame lost 77 - 72. Ranked as the No. 1 basketball upset in history.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am Is Hastings a DII team?
As AdvBRU12 said, NAIA. Great Plains Athletic Conference member.

Seems like one of our former assistant football coaches from our "glory" years until Roach came from Hastings.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

This game will look like the Arkansas Pine Bluffs game and most likely worse.

Hastings lost to Omaha by 10 points and has lost to other NAIA schools already this year by 20 points.

If Wyoming plays will probably be a 50 point win. This should be a game Linder let’s the bench play a lot and maybe Kenny Foster will be back and get some minutes to ease him back into the lineup.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Pokes with 15 made 3's the first half. Impressive display of shooting.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

No Maldonado?
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Not sure why Hastings is down to 7 guys but Linder can't be happy giving up 33 in the first half to them. Wyoming looks like they're coasting which works when you hit 15 threes on 50% shooting from deep. The bum slayer has shown up to hit 4-5 from deep. Too bad he'll do that once more for the rest of the season.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

So many 3s. :shock: :D
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyoming didn’t even try tonight. Just took 3’s the whole game lol

Tied the mark for most 3’s in a game ever in NCAA history and Jeffries is all time leader in MWC history.

Bench played a LOT and we still won by 49. Maldonado got the night off.

Some of you guys seem upset. Funny. 😂

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

The lack off ball movement still bothers me. Everyone stands around spacing the floor while never making meaningful cuts. This is going to cost Wyoming some games when the three ball isn't dropping for them against good defensive teams.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

DVDA wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:43 pm The lack off ball movement still bothers me. Everyone stands around spacing the floor while never making meaningful cuts. This is going to cost Wyoming some games when the three ball isn't dropping for them against good defensive teams.
I’m not sure this is the game to make that judgement on. Not that you’re not correct, but it was pretty clear they were going after some 3 pt records the second half.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wow! Congrats to the Pokes! Congrats Jeffries.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Records, records....everywhere.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:48 pm
DVDA wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:43 pm The lack off ball movement still bothers me. Everyone stands around spacing the floor while never making meaningful cuts. This is going to cost Wyoming some games when the three ball isn't dropping for them against good defensive teams.
I’m not sure this is the game to make that judgement on. Not that you’re not correct, but it was pretty clear they were going after some 3 pt records the second half.
It isn't about it happening in this game. It's the trend of there being no movement off the ball all season. Wyoming shot lights out against a bad team that gave them room to do so. Those shots will be contested against the SDSU's and CSU's of the world which will bring that 3 point percentage back to reality. As good as this team has been there is still room to get better and be more dynamic on offense.

This offense needs to improve for this team to reach it's potential which is winning the conference. That's a lot to ask of a team loaded with young players but I think Linder and his staff are capable of taking this team from a good MWC team to one that has a fair shot at making the NCAA tournament.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Tied the NCAA record for 3's made at 28... NAIA or not, that's impressive no matter whom u play/beat!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

stymeman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:41 pm Tied the NCAA record for 3's made at 28... NAIA or not, that's impressive no matter whom u play/beat!!
Who had the record first?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Wyokie wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:58 pm
stymeman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:41 pm Tied the NCAA record for 3's made at 28... NAIA or not, that's impressive no matter whom u play/beat!!
Who had the record first?
UW is tied with Troy (28 vs. George Mason in 1994) for the NCAA Division I record. The Trojans were 28-for-74 (37.8%) on 3s that night.

Pokes did it with a much better percentage
The Cowboys (5-0) finished 28-for-54 (51.9%) shooting behind the arc.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:02 pm Records, records....everywhere.
Does that stat really count in Division 1, since it was against an NAIA team? Should it count?
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:38 am
Old-Bull wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:02 pm Records, records....everywhere.
Does that stat really count in Division 1, since it was against an NAIA team? Should it count?
School records and conference records do. I'm not sure about the NCAA record.