Flopping.....officiating

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

This has been going on for years. I have played hoops for years and even played a little college ball. Refs always fall for this. Its very rare that you bump a defender hard enough to knock him to the ground, but yet it gets called a charge every time. College officiating is average at best. I think there needs to be a re-progamming on what refs previously called fouls. There are too many assumption calls and anticipatory calls. There are too many old refs. There needs to be new blood and refs who have played the game more recently.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:30 pm This has been going on for years. I have played hoops for years and even played a little college ball. Refs always fall for this. Its very rare that you bump a defender hard enough to knock him to the ground, but yet it gets called a charge every time. College officiating is average at best. I think there needs to be a re-progamming on what refs previously called fouls. There are too many assumption calls and anticipatory calls. There are too many old refs. There needs to be new blood and refs who have played the game more recently.
I think the NCAA needs to take a page out of the NHL "embellishment" rulebook, and run with it. Flopping is for men's soccer... :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Watching David Hall run up and down the court with his high water pants makes me huff and puff and feel uncomfortable...betcha he's there for DU tomorrow
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:36 pm Watching David Hall run up and down the court with his high water pants makes me huff and puff and feel uncomfortable...betcha he's there for DU tomorrow
The Athletic recently polled a bunch of college coaches on what they think of basketball referees. There are two that we often see in Laramie on the list:
David Hall

“Thinks everyone who paid to watch the game came to see him. Never know what he’s going to do.”
Randy McCall

“He would come to you — when you shook his hand before the game, it would be something as simple as ‘We’re going to work our butts off for you.’ That’s a really good practice for an official. As a coach, you’re like, I can relate to this.”

“As good an official as I’ve had. I also think he’s one of the most underrated refs in the country.”
If you subscribe to The Athletic you can read the rest of the article here: https://theathletic.com/2974610/2021/11 ... ome-teddy/