Graham Ike

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I know the season is young, and he has basically his whole career ahead of him, but I don't recall a UW player scoring as effortlessly as him in the post. It's truly like a man among boys out there. NO ONE can stop him. Washington had long, athletic, good defenders and he OWNED them probably like they've never been owned in their lives. Amazing. Good job, Ike :thumb: Wyoming loves you
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Washington definitely did not have good interior defenders. Their Dwight Howard look alike was god awful. He just looks the part of an NBA prospect. The reality is Washington is a bad team with one good player in Brown Jr and a pretty decent one in Bey.

Ike has a natural post game and is one of the better interior scorers in college basketball. He's a special player. Not to take away from his talent, but I would argue he looks better today than he would have 20 years ago because every kid wants to play on the perimeter and shoot threes.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Its crazy, because it seems like he doesnt leave the floor with any of his moves. Just kind of of a smooth fundamental player. I hope he starts hitting his free throws, because he is gonna get fouled a lot.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:46 am I know the season is young, and he has basically his whole career ahead of him, but I don't recall a UW player scoring as effortlessly as him in the post. It's truly like a man among boys out there. NO ONE can stop him. Washington had long, athletic, good defenders and he OWNED them probably like they've never been owned in their lives. Amazing. Good job, Ike :thumb: Wyoming loves you
This is going back to the 90's, but he reminds me of a taller Reggie Slater. Slater was nearly unstoppable in the post. Washington's players started flopping like fish to draw fouls. Without foul trouble, he would have scored in the 30's last night. I can see us running our offense through him on nearly every possession. He will create more open looks with double teams than any player we've had recently.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:18 am
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:46 am I know the season is young, and he has basically his whole career ahead of him, but I don't recall a UW player scoring as effortlessly as him in the post. It's truly like a man among boys out there. NO ONE can stop him. Washington had long, athletic, good defenders and he OWNED them probably like they've never been owned in their lives. Amazing. Good job, Ike :thumb: Wyoming loves you
This is going back to the 90's, but he reminds me of a taller Reggie Slater. Slater was nearly unstoppable in the post. Washington's players started flopping like fish to draw fouls. Without foul trouble, he would have scored in the 30's last night. I can see us running our offense through him on nearly every possession. He will create more open looks with double teams than any player we've had recently.
I'm not old enough for Slater, but that's cool. Slater was a jumper, no? Super athletic from what I'm told. Ike is less so.

Just thought of this, but Graham reminds me of Zach Randoloh. Like almost the same player now I think of it.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:51 pm
I'm not old enough for Slater, but that's cool. Slater was a jumper, no? Super athletic from what I'm told. Ike is less so.

Just thought of this, but Graham reminds me of Zach Randoloh. Like almost the same player now I think of it.
Reggie Slater was a decent athlete but mainly he was just strong as hell. He was impossible to move off the block, and that's where he made his bread both on offense and defense. That's why he's the all time leading rebounder for the program despite only being 6'7".
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

W-Y, Until I Die!