Washington Huskies, Thursday, Nov 18....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

We had 17 turnovers and only 3 assists the whole game. Shoot 3-16 at 18.8% from 3 and still somehow won. Crazy to think this team only had 3 assists. Linder teams never only get 3 assists for a whole game and rarely turn it over 17 times.

Being able to play a bad game overall and still win on the road is a good sign. You hope we don’t see too many more games with only 3 assists and 17 turnovers and shooting that poor from 3.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

DVDA wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:37 pm 1. Those referees were a f##k[#] joke.

2. Thompson is not a division one player. Linder needs to accept this and stop forcing him into games because he's the kid from Wyoming. There is no way Nelson gets worked on the boards and in the paint like Thompson does.

3. This team will lose any game Ike or Maldonado foul out of early. Washington is a bad team. An ugly win is a win especially on the road but holy Sh#t that should have been a 20 point game.
Agree with all points.

I would like to see Nelson get more minutes. He can rebound and defend well

We do seem too dependent on two players. I think X and Oden can both take more possessions and do good things. I have faith that the coaching staff will diagnose whatever problems we have and implement solutions. That's refreshing.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:53 am We had 17 turnovers and only 3 assists the whole game. Shoot 3-16 at 18.8% from 3 and still somehow won. Crazy to think this team only had 3 assists. Linder teams never only get 3 assists for a whole game and rarely turn it over 17 times.

Being able to play a bad game overall and still win on the road is a good sign. You hope we don’t see too many more games with only 3 assists and 17 turnovers and shooting that poor from 3.
This is a good point. Linder's gameplan was posting up Ike and Maldonado which stopped ball movement on a significant number of possessions. The off ball movement has to improve if this is going to be the gameplan every game. Standing around spacing the floor only works if the defense sags off each shooter which wasn't the case with Washington.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

DVDA wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:53 am We had 17 turnovers and only 3 assists the whole game. Shoot 3-16 at 18.8% from 3 and still somehow won. Crazy to think this team only had 3 assists. Linder teams never only get 3 assists for a whole game and rarely turn it over 17 times.

This is a good point. Linder's gameplan was posting up Ike and Maldonado which stopped ball movement on a significant number of possessions. The off ball movement has to improve if this is going to be the gameplan every game. Standing around spacing the floor only works if the defense sags off each shooter which wasn't the case with Washington.
I don’t think it’s the normal plan, Linder recognized they had decent perimeter defenders and not so good post defenders and tried to exploit it. I think Kenny will help provide another scoring option when he is back.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:31 am
DVDA wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:41 am

I don’t think it’s the normal plan, Linder recognized they had decent perimeter defenders and not so good post defenders and tried to exploit it. I think Kenny will help provide another scoring option when he is back.
That is a good point also. We are winning these games without even having Kenny. Kenny is good enough to be a starter on this team. He can shoot and take the ball to the basket. He has had the injury bug some last year and to start this year.

He should be healthy finally in the next week or two and that will make us deeper with another option to score with.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….