Washington Huskies, Thursday, Nov 18....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Washington is 1-1 and lost their opening game at home to Northern Illinois. Yeah, this is a Pac12 game, but if Northern Illinois can go there and get a win, we need to figure out a way to get it done.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyoming will beat Washington. I live up here in Seattle and Washington sucks this year. I expect Wyoming to win by double digits. Not joking either. Washington blows.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:29 pm Wyoming will beat Washington. I live up here in Seattle and Washington sucks this year. I expect Wyoming to win by double digits. Not joking either. Washington blows.
Yeah, we should beat them. They finished last year 4-16 in league play and 5-21 overall.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Interesting. It would be great to get a pac 12 road scalp no matter how bad they suck
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

They play Texas Southern tomorrow. Texas Southern lost at Oregon by 17 and at Saint Mary's by 9.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

So if we lose this one it might be a bad loss on the resume
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:04 pm So if we lose this one it might be a bad loss on the resume
Yeah it would be a bad loss.

Washington lost at home to Northern Illinois by 7 points. Then they only beat Northern Arizona at home by 11.

Arizona on the other hand beat Northern Arizona by 29 points and led by as many as 35 points over them.

Northern Illinois played Indiana after Washington and Indiana beat them by 36 points and led by as many as 41 points over them.

Arizona and Indiana are both good basketball schools obviously but neither of them is ranked in the top 25 yet , maybe they should be but just giving context to how bad Washington is for a Pac 12 team.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

My cousin and I will be in Seattle to cheer on the Pokes! Can't wait.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:09 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:04 pm So if we lose this one it might be a bad loss on the resume
Yeah it would be a bad loss.

Washington lost at home to Northern Illinois by 7 points. Then they only beat Northern Arizona at home by 11.

Arizona on the other hand beat Northern Arizona by 29 points and led by as many as 35 points over them.

Northern Illinois played Indiana after Washington and Indiana beat them by 36 points and led by as many as 41 points over them.

Arizona and Indiana are both good basketball schools obviously but neither of them is ranked in the top 25 yet , maybe they should be but just giving context to how bad Washington is for a Pac 12 team.
Thanks for posting. I would have gone into it thinking we were considerable underdogs. We can win this!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

Everyone is posting like they've forgotten we beat last year's eventual PAC-12 Champ that went to the NCAA quarter finals on their own floor less than a year ago.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:58 am Everyone is posting like they've forgotten we beat last year's eventual PAC-12 Champ that went to the NCAA quarter finals on their own floor less than a year ago.
I did forget that lol
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Per KemPom Washington (ranked 136) is the second worst "power" conference team in America ahead of only Georgia. We are up to 147 FWIW.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:58 am Everyone is posting like they've forgotten we beat last year's eventual PAC-12 Champ that went to the NCAA quarter finals on their own floor less than a year ago.
In one of Linder's early interviews he mentioned that teams frequently give big conference schools too much respect. He said something to the effect of which school is it, because we shouldn't be intimidated by the bottom teams in a big conference.

I'm sure he has got that message across to the team. Our guys will be expecting to win in Seattle.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

I’m watching Washington right now on the PAC 12 network.

One thing I knew but had forgotten is that they play the Syracuse zone. Their coach Hopkins was a 20+ year assistant to Boeheim as Syracuse. Only thing is that they don’t play it nearly as well as Syracuse does. They have length but they don’t have as talented as guys as Syracuse does. With Wyoming’s shooters we should be able to get plenty of open looks.

Like I said this isn’t Syracuse playing this defense so they won’t guard as well.

On offense they do not shoot the ball very well. So if Wyoming will just get on a man and block out they should get lots of rebounds.

Texas Southern is ahead by 2 points early in the game.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Another Pac 12 note is that Stanford sucks also. Not even worried about Washington or Stanford.

Looking at the bracket for that Christmas tournament I expect us to play BYU for the championship most likely.

Only Pac 12 team that will be tough will be Arizona. We probably won’t win that one on the road but I expect to beat Washington and Stanford both by double digits.

Stanford lost to Santa Clara by 16 and is down at half to San Jose St. at home by 9.

nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

We have potential for sure. It's rare we have solid players in all 5 spots - I've been pumped for this team since roughly last February, as it seemed we played better almost every game.

Regardless, I want to see how we react to some adversity...coach has said we can lose to anyone in the MWC, esp if we have an off night. I see no reason that the PAC isn't the same.

While I expect we'll beat the dawgs, my irrational exuberance is tempered by too many years of Wyo fan-hood, but if not now, when?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Line opened with Washington favored by -4 but its already down to -3.

Wyoming will beat them by double digits. I’ll be taking Wyoming on spread and Moneyline as well when it comes out.

DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:36 pm Line opened with Washington favored by -4 but its already down to -3.

Wyoming will beat them by double digits. I’ll be taking Wyoming on spread and Moneyline as well when it comes out.
Same here. Washington is athletic and long which could cause some turnovers from their full court press but they're just not a good team. Wyoming is the better team offensively and defensively. Washington needs to get hot from three to win this game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Regardless, good or bad, if we leave Alaska Airlines Arena with a dub, a win against a PAC 12 school on their home floor will go a long way towards this journey....I'm starting to get really excited about our Pokes Squad, can't wait to see em again