Arkansas Pine Bluff @ Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

These guys have to play the sheep tonight before making their way up here. It will be interesting to see how they fare vs the sheep.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:27 pm These guys have to play the sheep tonight before making their way up here. It will be interesting to see how they fare vs the sheep.
Yeah, will see how they do against them compared to how we do. Creighton beat them by 13 points the other night but Creighton is picked 8th in the Big East this year so probably a down year for them.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:48 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:27 pm These guys have to play the sheep tonight before making their way up here. It will be interesting to see how they fare vs the sheep.
Yeah, will see how they do against them compared to how we do. Creighton beat them by 13 points the other night but Creighton is picked 8th in the Big East this year so probably a down year for them.
Ark Pine Bluff had a huge lead on Creighton in the first half of that game.

I hate to play the comparison game because it means absolutely nothing but I am going to watch them against CSU just to see what they're like.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:26 pm ...but I am going to watch them against CSU just to see what they're like.
Switching between that game and the Poke's football game perhaps?
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:52 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:26 pm ...but I am going to watch them against CSU just to see what they're like.
Switching between that game and the Poke's football game perhaps?
Hoping to watch CSU on a delay, depending on the stream.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

See you all Sunday
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Lost to the Sheeeep 71-91, hope we score over 80, cya Sunday as well
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Not a great night for MWC basketball. Nevada lost to San Diego and SDSU lost to BYU
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:10 am Not a great night for MWC basketball. Nevada lost to San Diego and SDSU lost to BYU
Those don't surprise me that much. Sdsu lacks proven scorers and the Marriott is a hard place to win. Their defense is elite but it will take them a while to figure out how to score.. Alford can lose to anyone on any given night. His history is that he does less with more, getting out coached with top ten recruiting classes.

I still think Sdsu is an Ncaa tourney team but if we stay healthy I think we finish above Nevada.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Toledo just beat Detroit by only 8 points at home. Toledo has a win on the road over Valpo also.

The fact we were up the whole first half by almost 20 and then took it up to 40 looks like a decent win.

Hope we blow Arkansas Pine Bluffs out by as much tomorrow. Doubt we will but never know I guess.

At least I’m somewhat excited to watch the basketball team.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Anybody able to get the streaming video of the game. Shows up on my screen but when I click on it the Women's game comes up.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Wow, attendance and atmosphere is pathetic.

Are the students on break? There’s close to zero in their section under basket
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

42-22 @ half, and we are quicker and more disciplined than this Golden Lion team. Hunter Maldo has 11 @half, along with 11 for Oden and 11 for Dusell.....this team will be a gem and fun to watch, hope the students will take note
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

In person it appears that our D suffocated them for the most part.
Last edited by laxwyo on Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:10 pm Wow, attendance and atmosphere is pathetic.

Are the students on break? There’s close to zero in their section under basket
Agreed. Its embarrassing, the few that are here aren't even chanting air ball.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Is the Irishman hurt? Don’t understand why he hasn’t seen any minutes
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

This team will compete for the conference. Calling it now. Not saying they will win it but they will be up there at the end of the season with a shot at it. Loving what I’m seeing from this team.

Great fundamentals. Great spacing. Great defense.

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

We haven't been tested yet but you cant handle cream puffs better than a 40 point average margin of victory...

On to Washington, our first test of the season.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Old-Bull wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:54 pm We haven't been tested yet but you cant handle cream puffs better than a 40 point average margin of victory...

On to Washington, our first test of the season.
We haven’t been tested yet because the schedule has obviously been easy but Wyoming hasn’t ever beat these 2 teams or teams like them by 40 points except back when Dembo and Leckner were playing here.

The cream puff Wyoming beat today by 40, CSU who is picked to win the conference could only beat them by 21 and Creighton could only beat them by 13. I know all about transitive property but when you are consistently beating teams by 20 more points than their other opponents you are a pretty good team.

Toledo who is picked 4th or 5th in the MAC could only beat Detroit by 8 points yesterday and Toledo won on the road at Valparaiso their first game.

I’m telling you guys Wyoming is good this year. Linder knows what he is doing. Best coach we have had since Brandenburg. Hate to say it but he will probably only be here a couple of years then a big school will come after him.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Holy cow this team look good. We play incredible defense

I haven’t been able to go to a game yet, but I should be at most from here on out. Keep winning and the people will show up. Wyoming basketball has been bad for a long time. It’s going to take some sustained winning, or flashy wins, to bring the fans back.

Oden looks very good and much much improved. Maldo is playing super well. DuSell is a two way beast. Ike is a force. Jeffries is a deadly , deadly shooter