Wyoming wrestling recruiting is on 🔥.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

We've got commitments from 5 guys in the top 78 high school recruits in the country.

Some coaches stagnate in Laramie. Branch just keeps getting better.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wyo wrestling has ripped my heart out before. Time to put together a top 10 finish at nationals and take the next step as a program.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:45 pm Wyo wrestling has ripped my heart out before. Time to put together a top 10 finish at nationals and take the next step as a program.
Someone needs to win a national title to get the monkey off the back, but the team is still making progress year by year.

I don't know if any Wyoming sports team ever has had a recruiting class with 5 guys in the top 100. I know that recruiting rankings are subjective, but that still has to be a record for Wyoming athletics.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Mark Branch is actually being a little humble in this article. Not only is that the "best recruiting class ever in Wyoming wrestling history", it's very likely that's the highest rated recruiting class in Wyoming athletics history. I don't know if Wyoming has ever landed 5 guys in the top 80....

https://gowyo.com/news/2021/11/11/wrest ... 22-23.aspx
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Old-Bull wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:15 am Mark Branch is actually being a little humble in this article. Not only is that the "best recruiting class ever in Wyoming wrestling history", it's very likely that's the highest rated recruiting class in Wyoming athletics history. I don't know if Wyoming has ever landed 5 guys in the top 80....

Damn!

Now I'm pretty excited. Looks like we snagged a pair of teammates
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:41 am
Old-Bull wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:15 am Mark Branch is actually being a little humble in this article. Not only is that the "best recruiting class ever in Wyoming wrestling history", it's very likely that's the highest rated recruiting class in Wyoming athletics history. I don't know if Wyoming has ever landed 5 guys in the top 80....

Damn!

If you mean the two guys that went to Baylor High School, they actually aren’t teammates. I had to do a double take also. If you look, they both went to a school named Baylor but are from different states. Quite the coincidence.

If you are talking about something else, my apologies. I didn’t read the article or listen to anything. Was just looking at the guys we recruited logos in this thread.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:16 am

Damn!

If you mean the two guys that went to Baylor High School, they actually aren’t teammates. I had to do a double take also. If you look, they both went to a school named Baylor but are from different states. Quite the coincidence.

If you are talking about something else, my apologies. I didn’t read the article or listen to anything. Was just looking at the guys we recruited logos in this thread.
I think they are teammates. The two towns are in the Chattanooga, TN area. Very close to each other.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Damn!

I believe they were teammates. They went to a 'prep' school and are both from different states. Similar to when Trent Olsen left Gillette to attend Wyoming Seminary in Pennsylvania.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:38 am

Damn!

I think they are teammates. The two towns are in the Chattanooga, TN area. Very close to each other.
Okay my bad. I saw Baylor on both but one was from Tennessee and the other from Georgia so I thought it was a coincidence.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:54 pm

Damn!

I believe they were teammates. They went to a 'prep' school and are both from different states. Similar to when Trent Olsen left Gillette to attend Wyoming Seminary in Pennsylvania.
Okay makes sense. I saw the different states and thought it was a coincidence.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Damn!

Okay my bad. I saw Baylor on both but one was from Tennessee and the other from Georgia so I thought it was a coincidence.
We’ll it’s weird. I read the release and it says one is a TN state champ and the other is a GA state champ, so I don’t know if 2021-2022 is the only year they will be teammates
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:14 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Damn!

We’ll it’s weird. I read the release and it says one is a TN state champ and the other is a GA state champ, so I don’t know if 2021-2022 is the only year they will be teammates
Prep schools have their own 'national prep championships' for wrestling but most states also allow the athletes to participate in the state tournaments as well. This is how you can be both a prep national champion and a state champion in wrestling.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke