B-12 Ind. Rankings

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Here are the pre-season individual wrestling rankings for the B-12 compiled by Wrestling Insider Magazine. I didn’t count every team but think I got all the major players. I also did this fairly quickly so can’t guarantee 100% accuracy! Looks like Oklahoma State will be clear-cut favorites but after that it could be a real dog fight. Below is the teams and corresponding number of wrestlers ranked in the top 20.

Oklahoma State. 9
Wyoming. 6
Oklahoma. 5
N. Iowa. 5
Iowa State. 4
N. Colorado. 4

Obviously it’s pre-season, much can change. Wyoming is a very good but not elite program. I would really like Burman to open up some purse strings so we can keep Branch and his staff here.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

American Horse wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:38 am Here are the pre-season individual wrestling rankings for the B-12 compiled by Wrestling Insider Magazine. I didn’t count every team but think I got all the major players. I also did this fairly quickly so can’t guarantee 100% accuracy! Looks like Oklahoma State will be clear-cut favorites but after that it could be a real dog fight. Below is the teams and corresponding number of wrestlers ranked in the top 20.

Oklahoma State. 9
Wyoming. 6
Oklahoma. 5
N. Iowa. 5
Iowa State. 4
N. Colorado. 4

Obviously it’s pre-season, much can change. Wyoming is a very good but not elite program. I would really like Burman to open up some purse strings so we can keep Branch and his staff here.
Didn't Missouri join the Big 12 this season? I imagine they'll be right up there with OSU
American Horse
Ranch Hand

You are absolutely correct and I completely forgot about Missouri! Re-joined conference effective in July. I went back and used my same source and they have 9 ranked wrestlers. Look to be real tough, especially in the lower wits.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Looks like we're going to have a good dual team, but only an OK tourney team.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:45 am Looks like we're going to have a good dual team, but only an OK tourney team.
100% Agree. Solid, maybe even good, all the way through. However it doesn’t appear we have any real killers needed to win big tournaments. Will win some matches and score some points but most platings will come from the back side.