Year 2 of Jeff Linder and company starts now....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Graham Ike article from the CST.....Do you think they call each other and say, "Are you ready to drop your Ike article yet?"

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... _CSTribune
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Oden taking a huge step forward could be just what this team needs. He’s so athletic. Ike and him cleaning up the boards would propel this team to the next level.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

At least we have a basketball team trending up to look foward to this year!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This is a really good and in depth interview on Jeff Linder's basketball philosophy.

It's encouraging to hear just how much Linder uses 5 on 5 to coach up his team. Considering that we weren't able to go 5 on 5 for the majority of last season because of the lack of bodies, how much improvement can we expect from this team now that they've had a full summer/fall of 5 on 5?

Hopefully we'll start to get closer to the Linder blue print this year: elite defensive rebounding, elite three point defense, and a lack of trips to the free throw line given to the opponent.

Last edited by Old-Bull on Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Who you guys see as starting 5? Based on what I’ve read, would love to see Maldo, Dusell, Foster, Oden and Ike start with Thompson and Nelson playing 4 and 5, Jeffries, Dut and Reynolds playing guard and hoping Barnhart can take some minutes as well. Can’t wait for a week from now!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Vt poke wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:37 pm Who you guys see as starting 5? Based on what I’ve read, would love to see Maldo, Dusell, Foster, Oden and Ike start with Thompson and Nelson playing 4 and 5, Jeffries, Dut and Reynolds playing guard and hoping Barnhart can take some minutes as well. Can’t wait for a week from now!
I think the starting 5 will be what you said except Deng Dut at the 1 and Foster will come off the bench.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Jeff Linder's MW media days interview in case anyone missed it...

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Dusell/Foster MW media days....

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

This must have been Wyoming media days....starts at 7:01...

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Sunny Wicks from the late summer this year....

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:37 pm Who you guys see as starting 5? Based on what I’ve read, would love to see Maldo, Dusell, Foster, Oden and Ike start with Thompson and Nelson playing 4 and 5, Jeffries, Dut and Reynolds playing guard and hoping Barnhart can take some minutes as well. Can’t wait for a week from now!
I think our most talented 5 might be a smaller line-up without a PF. That might not be how we start a game but I'll bet we see this on the floor more than anything else(three shooters with Maldo and Ike):

PG: Dut
SG: Dusell
SF: Foster(Jeffries, Wenzel)
PF: Maldo
C: Ike

Defensively, that line-up is a little small with three 6'4" guys, a 6'6" guy, and Ike at 6'9. If we need to go bigger, and probably more likely to start the game:

PG: Dut
SG: Dusell
SF: Maldo
PF: Oden
C: Ike

Dusell and Ike are penciled in at the 2 and the 5 unless someone gets hurt. Maldo will be on the floor either at small forward or point forward. The starting 5 comes down to the progress that Dut, Wenzel, Foster, Jeffries, Oden, Reynolds, and Thompson have made to fill those other 2 spots. I think Dut, Oden, Wenzel, and Foster have a chance to join the penciled in starters club. Both Oden and Thompson we're defensive liabilities last year. Oden was too skinny and Thompson doesn't have the lateral quickness to defend the post or the 4. We couldn't defend the post last year when Ike or Nelson weren't on the floor. Hopefully, we'll keep those guys healthy.

I think Bowen and Barnhart are going to redshirt. Maldo will get a lot of minutes at the point. Noah Reynolds has the body to play, but it sounds like he's got some defensive work to do to get minutes at the point. Jeffries, Foster, and Wenzel give you some really good shooters/scorers to play on the wing. They'll all get a lot of minutes. It sounds like Hunter Thompson is going to play more at the 4 then he does at the 5. I think he might get some starts depending on who he has to defend. Eoin Nelson will back up Ike in the post.

Hopefully we'll have a good year when it comes to keeping our guys healthy.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Old-Bull
Cowpoke

The Slim Reaper getting it, although this bomb was on the old court. I guess the Slim Reaper is a better nickname than the Ginger Avenger.

Old-Bull
Cowpoke