Wtf
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

That’s a disaster! Why?!?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

This is disappointing. I guess he doesn't want to be held accountable just like Marble.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

This one truly confuses me
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

We are now in the category of programs that lose "POY" type players to transfer.....
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

Are smaller programs just going to be feeders for larger programs if they have successful players?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

f-word him

W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:29 pm Are smaller programs just going to be feeders for larger programs if they have successful players?
Pretty much. It’s official now
307bball
WyoNation Addict

It's going to be really hard to generate year to year excitement for perennial non sweet-sixteen level programs now. Every year the snow-globe will get shaken up, the players that are over-performing for historically marginal schools will fly away and land elsewhere.

My gut reaction was shock and blame towards Marcus...but after thinking about it...I don't think the blame lies with the players themselves. The collegiate athletic model itself sux. These player should absolutely do everything in their power, within the system, to better their prospects.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

We can't have nice things. On the other hand, In Linder We Trust.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

Poke in New England wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:45 am We can't have nice things. On the other hand, In Linder We Trust.
Perhaps. Wait till the players start getting money. We'll be recruiting from LCCC.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

This is the new reality for college athletics. Good players will be recruited to go to the 'top schools.' As bladerunner indicates, once college athletes are able to secure their own marketing deals soon, the trend will only increase. It sucks for Wyoming but it is a reality that we have to deal with. I don't want our state getting in any bidding war for players. Linder is the right coach to keep Wyoming afloat in this environment given his offensive philosophy.

Can't say that I will be following Williams wherever he lands, and, there is a possibility for him that he lands somewhere that results in his minutes and playing time being decreased.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

The more I think about it Williams can screw off. If he's got that little integrity and loyalty then we don't need him. So many people have invested so much time and energy into him here. He just shat on all that and all those people. BS. He could have been a legend here. Wyoming embraced him and was behind him. Hope he rides the pine somewhere the rest of his career.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Ungrateful bastard.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Line from a movie..."free agency killed the god damned game" - seems to be applying more and more each year, both professionally and now even more in college athletics.

No longer will you have your favorite player on your favorite team. What will that do to the actual fan? Kill 'em off is what it will do.

The gambling side is the only side that I see "winning" down the road. That and maybe fantasy sports - who don't care about the name on the front of the uniform, and never have.

Bye bye to Williams...sad to see him go, but he should blow Linder on his way out, Linder made him the player he is today. Suck that dick good holmes. :whistle:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Big Wonderful
Buckaroo

Looks like NCAA free agency is back again next year. Need to go back to sitting out for a year.

https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-expec ... VeShqu36oD
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Big Wonderful wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:07 am Looks like NCAA free agency is back again next year. Need to go back to sitting out for a year.

It is here to stay. You can't put that cat back in the bag.

Personally, I agree with it although it is bad news for Wyoming. College students should be free to choose where they want to attend and transfer without penalty. I will always support players that embrace Wyoming and the brown and gold. I probably won't care too much to follow players that come here as a stepping stone to play elsewhere.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:30 am
Big Wonderful wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:07 am Looks like NCAA free agency is back again next year. Need to go back to sitting out for a year.

It is here to stay. You can't put that cat back in the bag.

Personally, I agree with it although it is bad news for Wyoming. College students should be free to choose where they want to attend and transfer without penalty. I will always support players that embrace Wyoming and the brown and gold. I probably won't care too much to follow players that come here as a stepping stone to play elsewhere.
Makes sense...this will probably be the new recruiting dimension. "Fit" for a program is always a big deal...now you have to include whether or not you think a kid will jump ship at the first opportunity.