Utah State just fell off....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

These are the guys they have left on the roster and this doesn't even account for Karson Stastny transferring today or Rollie Woster transferring 2 days ago.

We'll see how the new coach is at recruiting but six scholarships to fill with the loss of Queta....That seems like a lot of work for a guy without western recruiting ties recruiting to a small town in Utah.

This looks like the Logan church team.

https://postimg.cc/ThH36gX5
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Well they still have Bean. Bean would probably be our best player if he were on our team.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 pm Well they still have Bean. Bean would probably be our best player if he were on our team.
I don't know. Averaging 11 points and 8 rebounds a game, with almost 2 turnovers a game isn't exactly setting the world on fire. He shoots 24 percent from 3, he wouldn't even play for us. He's basically a 6'7" power forward that benefited from Queta drawing everyone's best defensive big. He does have a nice mid range jump shot.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ustin-bean

I'll take Maldo, Williams, Dusell, or Ike over that dude in a second.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:15 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 pm Well they still have Bean. Bean would probably be our best player if he were on our team.
I don't know. Averaging 11 points and 8 rebounds a game, with almost 2 turnovers a game isn't exactly setting the world on fire. He shoots 24 percent from 3, he wouldn't even play for us. He's basically a 6'7" power forward that benefited from Queta drawing everyone's best defensive big. He does have a nice mid range jump shot.

Bean did all that on a NCAA tournament team. I don't know if you remember how bad Utah St. beat the poop out of us, but Bean was having his way and made it look easy. We don't have anyone that can rebound and defend like him. Hopefully Ike can become the rebounder and defender that Bean is as soon as next year.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Bean did all that on a NCAA tournament team. I don't know if you remember how bad Utah St. beat the Sh#t out of us, but Bean was having his way and made it look easy. We don't have anyone that can rebound and defend like him. Hopefully Ike can become the rebounder and defender that Bean is as soon as next year.
He was good againt us. I'm not saying he isn't a solid player. I'm saying I wouldn't trade him for Maldo, Williams, Dusell or Ike. He wouldn't be the best player on our team. He would be about 5th best.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Utah State is going to need more than just Bean to be competitive next season. We'll see what their new coach can do, but replacing Queta and now 5 other guys due to transfers is going to be a lot of work.

I think Wyoming just moved past Utah State unless their new coach kills it on the recruiting trail.

SDSU has to replace their top 3 guys. Boise lost Alston and Ray J. Nevada has a few transfers out right now with a couple of studs coming in. CSU lost no one.

To me, it looks like Wyoming is moving into the top 4 teams in the league and Utah State just dropped out of the upper tier.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:30 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Bean did all that on a NCAA tournament team. I don't know if you remember how bad Utah St. beat the Sh#t out of us, but Bean was having his way and made it look easy. We don't have anyone that can rebound and defend like him. Hopefully Ike can become the rebounder and defender that Bean is as soon as next year.
He was good againt us. I'm not saying he isn't a solid player. I'm saying I wouldn't trade him for Maldo, Williams, Dusell or Ike. He wouldn't be the best player on our team. He would be about 5th best.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Utah State is going to need more than just Bean to be competitive next season. We'll see what their new coach can do, but replacing Queta and now 5 other guys due to transfers is going to be a lot of work.

I think Wyoming just moved past Utah State unless their new coach kills it on the recruiting trail.

SDSU has to replace their top 3 guys. Boise lost Alston and Ray J. Nevada has a few transfers out right now with a couple of studs coming in. CSU lost no one.

To me, it looks like Wyoming is moving into the top 4 teams in the league and Utah State just dropped out of the upper tier.
Well I disagree. He was their second best player. They were an NCAA at-large team. If we had four players better than him we under achieved... hard. I don't think that's the case.

I love our young players and I wouldn't trade them, but none were better overall than Bean was last year. I think each of Dusell, Ike and Williams can be better than Bean, but Maldo won't.

Ut. St. did lose a lot. We will be better than them. SDSU will load up on good transfers and be good, once again. Nevada, CSU, Boise and SDSU will be our main competition. I really think we can be top four next year. Maybe top three if our guys make a leap and I think they will. Defense should be a point of emphasis. They say that defense is hard for young players, so I expect big gains in that area.