Jeff linder interview on the Sportszone....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

We can learn a couple of things from this.

1. The team is looking at transfers(older guys).
2. Linder thinks the recruiting priority is another ball handler(point or combo).
3. Other coaches are using playing time against us since Williams and Dusell look like obvious starters for the next three years.
4. Would sign a best player available if the guy is a a "pro".
5. The staff has the ability to be picky, which Jeff said is a "good position to be in".
6. The Cowboys went on a break after the season ended and just got back in the gym.

All in all, another really good interview from the guys at KFBC....

https://www.kfbcradio.com/wyoming-head- ... one-audio/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Good stuff, thanks
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

If they're having a hard time finding an upper-classman to back up Marcus, maybe they need to aim higher.

Would you take a guy that might be able to win the spot from Williams and risk alienating Williams? I would if the guy was a senior and Marcus could see his starting roll return the following year.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:18 am If they're having a hard time finding an upper-classman to back up Marcus, maybe they need to aim higher.

Would you take a guy that might be able to win the spot from Williams and risk alienating Williams? I would if the guy was a senior and Marcus could see his starting roll return the following year.
I don't think Marcus goes to the bench even if Jalen Suggs transfers to UW. The worst case for Williams is getting his role as primary ball handler reduced and playing more of a shooting guard/combo guard role while starting alongside the new guard, Dusell, Maldonado, and Ike.