Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I'd be curious as to any reasons. What I am noticing about these statements from players leaving the program for the transfer protal is that they all read exactly the same. That reeks of marketing/social media staff potentially providing the statements to the players to post.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Does his best friend stay?
Smeller
Buckaroo
Has liked: 41 times

Who is his best friend?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Dang. Kwane was one of my favorite pokes. All the best to the young man
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Smeller wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:56 pm Who is his best friend?
Foster.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:49 pm I'd be curious as to any reasons. What I am noticing about these statements from players leaving the program for the transfer protal is that they all read exactly the same. That reeks of marketing/social media staff potentially providing the statements to the players to post.
I'm not sure on the reasons, but it's easy to speculate.

It looks like Williams has the point locked up. Xavier is the starter at the 2 guard. Both of those guys will be freshmen next year. We've got Jeffries, Wenzel, Foster, and Bowen taking up the other guard/wing spots. Wenzel is a little bigger than Marble but is a much better shooter from deep. He's going to be a redshirt freshman next year. Coach used Maldo to bring the ball up the court a lot. Most of those guys can drain it from deep or post guys up in Maldo's case. Foster is a much better defender and shooter than Marble. Jeffries is going to get minutes because he can light it up from deep. Maybe Marble sees a lack of minutes/starts with freshmen starting at the 1 and the 2, and a redshirt freshmen likely to be getting a lot of minutes at the 3.

The staff has made no secret that you have to be able to shoot from deep to play for Wyoming. They don't sacrifice shooting. I think the exceptions to that are post bangers(Ike and Nelson). Marcus Williams three ball isn't consistent but he brings assists, steals, and doesn't turn the ball over.

Marble shot 30 percent from the three point line and his strength is driving to the basket. When he drives he doesn't have the vision or desire to pass that Williams does so he doesn't kick the ball to open three point shooters often. He usually takes the shot. I don't know how well his game fits Linders style.

I think Marble might have saw a crowded back court and less minutes then he would like and the guys getting the minutes have more eligibility than him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Williams' emergence really put the nail in the coffin of Kwane's tenure. Kwane is a ball dominant guard. When Kwane was the one doing the "cooking" great things happened, like in last year's MWC tournament. He's a really gifted passer, but didn't really show it this year because he didn't play all that much and when he did he didn't have the ball all that much. I don't blame him for going. Linder's offense doesn't suit him and he would have been playing out of position for the rest of his career. He would have been fighting for minutes his whole career and it just seems that he could be THE top dog at some program, probably a lesser D-1 program somewhere. I'll root for him wherever he goes.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

I would love NowherePoke's dime on this...anyone know where he is at these days? With UW men's hoops returning to relevance, sure hope he posts more on the subject here.

Wishing Kwane the best though - I enjoyed watching him play in the B&G.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:09 am I would love NowherePoke's dime on this...anyone know where he is at these days? With UW men's hoops returning to relevance, sure hope he posts more on the subject here.
I've been wondering about him as well. He last posted on here November 20th of last year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am
McPeachy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:09 am I would love NowherePoke's dime on this...anyone know where he is at these days? With UW men's hoops returning to relevance, sure hope he posts more on the subject here.
I've been wondering about him as well. He last posted on here November 20th of last year.
He's somewhere with BeaverPoke.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:41 pm
Wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am
He's somewhere with BeaverPoke.
Wouldn't shock me. :lol:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Definitely noticed that he wasn’t on the court as much. Instead of working on his game, poof, go to where you just do you. Good luck to him. Helped us to a nice looking tourny run.
W-Y, Until I Die!