Mwc tourney expectations.....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Is there any chance of getting by SDSU if we beat San Jose?
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:37 pm Is there any chance of getting by SDSU if we beat San Jose?
Certainly. There's always a chance. If we are hitting shots and they are having one of those games where shots just aren't going down, there a chance. It would be valuable experience for a young team that I think has plenty of upside.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I like where this program is headed but I don't think they can get past SDSU...I guess there is always a chance. Lets beat SJSU!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

The negatives:

1. SDSU spanked us twice earlier this year.
2. A lot of our guys have zero MWC tourney experience.
3. No fans cancels the home court advantage Wyoming usually brings to the tourney.
4. SDSU beat us with Ike in the line-up.
5. SDSU isolates Thompson to expose his defensive weaknesses.
6. Marcus Williams is having his worse stretch of the season.

The positives:

1. We have the most depth we've had all season, including before Foster and Nelson's injuries.
2. All of our guys have broken out of shooting slumps and seem to be shooting confidently heading into the tourney.
3. We're not playing in San Diego.
4. We have 2 big bodies that can defend the post and foul to protect the lane.
5. Kwane Marble is playing well and he was on the all tourney team last year.
6. Some of our guys have experience and confidence they can play above their heads in the tourney.
7. It's hard to beat a team three times in the same season.

We're definitely going to be heavy dogs if we get by San Jose. I guess, we don't really need to worry about it until we get by San Jose.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Old-Bull wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:51 pm The negatives:

1. SDSU spanked us twice earlier this year.
2. A lot of our guys have zero MWC tourney experience.
3. No fans cancels the home court advantage Wyoming usually brings to the tourney.
4. SDSU beat us with Ike in the line-up.
5. SDSU isolates Thompson to expose his defensive weaknesses.
6. Marcus Williams is having his worse stretch of the season.

The positives:

1. We have the most depth we've had all season, including before Foster and Nelson's injuries.
2. All of our guys have broken out of shooting slumps and seem to be shooting confidently heading into the tourney.
3. We're not playing in San Diego.
4. We have 2 big bodies that can defend the post and foul to protect the lane.
5. Kwane Marble is playing well and he was on the all tourney team last year.
6. Some of our guys have experience and confidence they can play above their heads in the tourney.
7. It's hard to beat a team three times in the same season.

We're definitely going to be heavy dogs if we get by San Jose. I guess, we don't really need to worry about it until we get by San Jose.
I like the way you think Old Bull and you're positive and enlightening perspective on this team. This feels different than the youth we've had in the past and if Linder hangs around I think we're in for some good times down the road. We're only missing one to two peices of a personnel puzzle that will carry us to the holy land, but along the way it's going to be entertaining much like the Nance/Cooke/Grabau playbook a few years back. I see some salty UW sports teams competing for championships. Women are looking good as usual in Basketball, Volleyball, tennis, soccer, as well as men and women track and field. Not bad for a small school on the windy plains of Wyoming.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I feel a lot better about our chances with Marcus Williams breaking out of his slump.

It seems like everyone on the team has some momentum.

We'll need all that if we're going to beat SDSU.