I posted this on another thread but it deserves it's own discussion, this team is young.....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Now that we've filled all of our scholarships I thought it might be interesting to see the class breakdown. We're so young.

Here it is for the start of NEXT season with the walk-ons included:

Seniors: 0
Juniors: 3 (Jeffries, Maldonado, Thompson)
Sophomores: 3 (Foster, Marble, Nelson)
Freshmen: 9/7 scholarships (Ike, Williams, Dusell, Oden, Bowen, Barnhaurdt, Wenzel, Grisby, Dickey)

Only Brendan Wenzel, the Utah transfer, has burned his redshirt. That leaves the staff a lot of flexibility with redshirting some guys out of that huge freshman class that got bigger with Covid granting everyone an extra year of eligibility. I would imagine that the freshmen that aren't part of the rotation are going to get redshirted into the following class.

With the roster sitting as it is, you would imagine the coaching staff has the flexibility to be extremely selective with recruiting, only having to fill holes for transfers.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We need more front court players. We still can’t hold our own on the block
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:12 am We need more front court players. We still can’t hold our own on the block
We need a lot of things short 2 scholarships with 2 guys injured. We'll see how we look when Nelson comes back. It might not be as bad as you think with Ike, Nelson, and Thompson rotating in.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I sure can't wait til that youth turns to experience and hopefully a team that gets it done instead of talking about it....let's hope the coaching staff grows too and someday soon we are a formidable foe and champion on the MWC...that's my wish/dream