Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Whaaaa, this sux but might be a blessing in disguise too
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:28 pm Whaaaa, this sux but might be a blessing in disguise too
I originally thought the same thing, but then I realized with how young this team is, every game they can get is huge for getting better for the next couple years.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

If Linder used COVID-19 as an excuse to dodge these games he should be fired. Neither team is reporting any positive tests or indicative contact tracing.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:03 pm If Linder used COVID-19 as an excuse to dodge these games he should be fired. Neither team is reporting any positive tests or indicative contact tracing.
No he shouldn't be fired. He's likely the best coach we've had since Brandy.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

Something weird is going on. Utah state is reporting no positive cases that I can tell. Just play the damn game. safety of players... blah blah blah blah.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 103 times

Oh FFS people. Linder called it because losing one game is better than losing the rest of the season.
"You know, based off of what's transpired, it's just not worth the risk," he said. "Maybe that risk is minimal, but it's just not worth us jeopardizing, especially when we've had so few cases. And now you run the risk of where you lose maybe the rest of the season if something were to happen if you go to Utah State. So, it's unfortunate. I was looking forward to playing them."
https://7220sports.com/pokes-two-game-s ... postponed/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:10 am Oh FFS people. Linder called it because losing one game is better than losing the rest of the season.
"You know, based off of what's transpired, it's just not worth the risk," he said. "Maybe that risk is minimal, but it's just not worth us jeopardizing, especially when we've had so few cases. And now you run the risk of where you lose maybe the rest of the season if something were to happen if you go to Utah State. So, it's unfortunate. I was looking forward to playing them."
https://7220sports.com/pokes-two-game-s ... postponed/
That explained nothing. there's no risk. Play the damn games. It wasn't reported that anyone tested positive. If there were positive tests they would have reported them like every other time. It's weird
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:35 am That explained nothing. there's no risk. Play the damn games. It wasn't reported that anyone tested positive. If there were positive tests they would have reported them like every other time. It's weird
"Who tested positive in Fresno, California, that caused the game to be postponed is not being released."
Read the damn article
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:47 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:35 am That explained nothing. there's no risk. Play the damn games. It wasn't reported that anyone tested positive. If there were positive tests they would have reported them like every other time. It's weird
"Who tested positive in Fresno, California, that caused the game to be postponed is not being released."
Read the damn article
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

It was a positive test with someone on their staff that’s not a coach or player. Contact tracing turned up no other positives. Every coach and player on Utah state has since had multiple negatives.

We’re being giant kitty and I hate it
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 43 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:06 pm It was a positive test with someone on their staff that’s not a coach or player. Contact tracing turned up no other positives. Every coach and player on Utah state has since had multiple negatives.

Welcome to the wonderful world of WOKE politics and SJW poop!!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:06 pm It was a positive test with someone on their staff that’s not a coach or player. Contact tracing turned up no other positives. Every coach and player on Utah state has since had multiple negatives.

Yep. It's not our brand of competition. Not too sure what to think. I've heard there were some concerns about the number of fans in that cracker box sh-thole of an arena in Logan as well. Can't say I'm thrilled with the optics of all of this.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 222 times

Wyovanian wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Yep. It's not our brand of competition. Not too sure what to think. I've heard there were some concerns about the number of fans in that cracker box sh-thole of an arena in Logan as well. Can't say I'm thrilled with the optics of all of this.
It's a bad look but based on what I've seen with Linder and staff so far, I don't believe there are ulterior motives here. The University of Wyoming has acted very much in an abundance of caution on everything with Covid (which I actually disagree with). Hell they were testing every student that step foot on campus twice a week. My guess is that this was just another exercise in an overabundance of caution.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Something to keep in mind here, the conference postponed the series, not Wyoming. I'm sure Linder was asked his opinion, but we didn't back out of anything.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:02 am Something to keep in mind here, the conference postponed the series, not Wyoming. I'm sure Linder was asked his opinion, but we didn't back out of anything.
Not too sure about that narrative. I'm under the understanding that Linder went to the conference with his concerns first. If he hadn't, the series would have proceeded. Basically, the conference just provided cover for him.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

With the next games with New Mexico and San Jose being postponed for Covid 10-9 may be it, we shall see. Will there be a MWC Tourney even???
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I find it amusing that some people think that head coaches have complete, 100% control over every aspect of their program, especially when it comes to games. Sometimes when a game is canceled, there are others involved...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:35 am I find it amusing that some people think that head coaches have complete, 100% control over every aspect of their program, especially when it comes to games. Sometimes when a game is canceled, there are others involved...
Then perhaps a bit more transparency is in order. As it stands, it looks as if someone is trying to hide something.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

How dare our coach put the safety and well being of his players first.....I want to watch a ball go in the hoop!!!