Utah State games postponed

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

TSpoke wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:30 am How dare our coach put the safety and well being of his players first.....I want to watch a ball go in the hoop!!!
Did you read the thread, moron? No additional cases were detected after testing multiple times, but they decided not to play anyway for some reason. There was no danger. How cautious do you want them to be? I get the feeling you’d cheer and applaud if they cancelled the rest of the season. And next season. Why not just cancel all sports in the name of safety? We cannot guarantee everyone’s absolute safety all the time everywhere for everything, since this seems to be your standard. Might as well cancel life and never leave our homes.Sounds like that’s what you’d want.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:08 am
TSpoke wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:30 am How dare our coach put the safety and well being of his players first.....I want to watch a ball go in the hoop!!!
Did you read the thread, moron? No additional cases were detected after testing multiple times, but they decided not to play anyway for some reason. There was no danger. How cautious do you want them to be? I get the feeling you’d cheer and applaud if they cancelled the rest of the season. And next season. Why not just cancel all sports in the name of safety? We cannot guarantee everyone’s absolute safety all the time everywhere for everything, since this seems to be your standard. Might as well cancel life and never leave our homes.Sounds like that’s what you’d want.
:lmao:

:finger:

Yup you got me there.. OR maybe there is obviously more to the story. We are not the only team to be wary by USU. Fresno also canceled their series with them. As coach said. He isn't going to risk the rest of the season for two games. He obviously thought there was a risk for something going on at USU and didn't want to lose the rest of the season with an outbreak. ANd the League backed him up. But you are right, he is a weiney that is just trying to duck USU and we should fire him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:20 am

Yup you got me there.. OR maybe there is obviously more to the story. We are not the only team to be wary by USU. Fresno also canceled their series with them. As coach said. He isn't going to risk the rest of the season for two games. He obviously thought there was a risk for something going on at USU and didn't want to lose the rest of the season with an outbreak. ANd the League backed him up. But you are right, he is a weiney that is just trying to duck USU and we should fire him.
Fresno cancelled the second game of their series because of a positive test. They contract traced and no other positives were revealed. No one had covid in either program and the games should have been played. It's not rocket science. But you're a moron so you wouldn't understand that.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:35 am

Fresno cancelled the second game of their series because of a positive test. They contract traced and no other positives were revealed. No one had covid in either program and the games should have been played. It's not rocket science. But you're a moron so you wouldn't understand that.
Boy, you've got all the answers don't ya. I'd love to know what you do that you know every little detail that goes on in multiple programs.

Or... maybe... you take incomplete information based on what little is actually released to the public, assume that's the whole truth, and make broad-based assumptions with little information and even less understanding of how things actually work.

Or you're Craig Thompson.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:24 pm

Boy, you've got all the answers don't ya. I'd love to know what you do that you know every little detail that goes on in multiple programs.

Or... maybe... you take incomplete information based on what little is actually released to the public, assume that's the whole truth, and make broad-based assumptions with little information and even less understanding of how things actually work.

Well said, I agree with this.

Resorting to calling someone else a moron because they dare speculate the decision was being made for safety reasons. Yet at the same time speculating (without complete information) that the decision was made for reasons unrelated to safety. Something about stones and glass houses.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

lol. ok you enlighten me then. I have given a correct timeline based off all public available info. Please let me know of the immense safety threat that justified cancelling the games. Or maybe you just don't think it's a big deal... in that case don't know what to say to you. Why are we even trying to play in that case.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:12 am

lol. ok you enlighten me then. I have given a correct timeline based off all public available info. Please let me know of the immense safety threat that justified cancelling the games. Or maybe you just don't think it's a big deal... in that case don't know what to say to you. Why are we even trying to play in that case.
The bolded is the key phrase...all public available info. I guarantee that not all of the information has been released to the public. This is medical/health information, schools are notoriously tight-lipped with this type of information (because the law dictates a degree of confidentiality).

So for you, or me, to make matter-of-fact statements with only a fraction of the full information is foolhardy.

Maybe everything you said is 100% correct and it is a gross overreach. OR, maybe there is a lot more going on that the public is not privy to and cancelation was justified. I don't know, you don't know, very few people do know.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:24 pm Boy, you've got all the answers don't ya. I'd love to know what you do that you know every little detail that goes on in multiple programs.

Every villiage has an idiot. Wyonation's is LanderPoke.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:38 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:24 pm Boy, you've got all the answers don't ya. I'd love to know what you do that you know every little detail that goes on in multiple programs.

Every villiage has an idiot. Wyonation's is LanderPoke.

'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

The country has been counting and reporting every single positive covid test in this country for months on end. Why would they not report a supposed covid test now? If there was one, they would have reported it and if there are confidentiality issues then we just wouldn't know who the positive test was specifically.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

'PokeForLife wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:31 pm The country has been counting and reporting every single positive covid test in this country for months on end. Why would they not report a supposed covid test now? If there was one, they would have reported it and if there are confidentiality issues then we just wouldn't know who the positive test was specifically.
Bolded is an assumption, we don't know that for a fact. How many cases has Wyoming football and basketball had? I haven't heard any definitive numbers released, I'm sure there have been more than we know about. Furthermore, people get quarantined without testing positive, that doesn't get reported either.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am
'PokeForLife wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:31 pm The country has been counting and reporting every single positive covid test in this country for months on end. Why would they not report a supposed covid test now? If there was one, they would have reported it and if there are confidentiality issues then we just wouldn't know who the positive test was specifically.
Bolded is an assumption, we don't know that for a fact. How many cases has Wyoming football and basketball had? I haven't heard any definitive numbers released, I'm sure there have been more than we know about. Furthermore, people get quarantined without testing positive, that doesn't get reported either.
Nevada reported their positive test before. We reported that foster and marble were out at the beginning of the season due to a positive test and contact tracing. Why change the pattern now? There needs to be consistency here. Either report all the info or don't report anything and just cancel series without telling anyone why.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Craig Thompson needs to get off his duff and start rescheduling these make up games, plus is the MWC even gonna have a Tourney, need a newsflash of some kind Thompson, any day now
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am
Nevada reported their positive test before. We reported that foster and marble were out at the beginning of the season due to a positive test and contact tracing. Why change the pattern now? There needs to be consistency here. Either report all the info or don't report anything and just cancel series without telling anyone why.
Exactly. There needs to be more transparency or the donors need to tighten their wallets.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory