Incarnate Word

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Just can't put em away, love how Kevin McKinney acts surprised that they are beating us, i wish when Dave stepped down for bball he woulda too, always drives me nuts
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

All i can get is the gamecast on ESPN. How did Incarnate tie it up?
I'm good for 3!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Ugh now overtime.... not looking good
I'm good for 3!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Great OT, winner winnee 94-83 they sure went thru a roller coaster on this one, Kenny Foster is a great weapon good comeback win being lethargic thru 3/4 of it. Now we see what they do on the road in the Pac 12 at Oregon St
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Cornpoke wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:06 pm All i can get is the gamecast on ESPN. How did Incarnate tie it up?
gowyo.com usually has links to video if there is any and always has a link for the audio with our radio announcers.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I was hoping for more vs what projects to be a pretty bad team. A win’s a win. I guess. Not getting warm fuzzies
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Kenny Foster played well and looks better than last year. Kwane looked a bit out of it.

We are not stopping dribble penetration very well. But is that part of Linder's strategy to not give up threes? Play guys tighter on the perimeter?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

35 minutes of complete poop basketball (and lousy shooting), followed by 10 minutes of well-coached basketball (with the exception being the last 6.5 seconds of regulation that we were clearly not ready to do anything with). Have to say, it is nice having a real coach on the sidelines after years of meh and yelling. The team never gave up, being down 6 - 12 points basically the entire game...a great sign for the future. This was a game that the team will truly grow from.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Beat a bad team that had a hot night, found a way to win. Feels great to have a coach again but we still look lost from time to time (last 6.5 seconds). Great to have Kenny and Kwane back - i think we are a deeper team that I was expecting. Marcus is special special, the most impressive freshman since JJ or even before?
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I listened to the radio broadcast while driving, and we really sounded bad for most the game. I was super happy to hear when we started the full-court press on defense and it really turned the game. How many years has it been since we have had a full-court press? 5 at least. I can't really point to a time when shyatt did it with any consistency. So 15?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I'm not sure why Kwane sauntered up the court where there were 6.5 second remaining. I was screaming "hurry up!".
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:13 am Beat a bad team that had a hot night, found a way to win. Feels great to have a coach again but we still look lost from time to time (last 6.5 seconds). Great to have Kenny and Kwane back - i think we are a deeper team that I was expecting. Marcus is special special, the most impressive freshman since JJ or even before?
Marcus Williams is the real deal
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Was interesting to see Coach tighten the bench some last night at the end. Clearly has most confidence in Williams (no brainer), Hunter, Hunter, Kenny and Kwane. Dusell got some minutes in OT. I haved loved Nelson’s game, deserves more minutes imo