Mississippi Valley State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Tonight's opponent has played two games this year.

They lost to the University of Arkansas 142-62 (80 points, woah).

They lost to the University of North Texas 116-62

Obviously defense is not one of their strong suits. Perhaps the Pokes can light them up from 3.

Game starts at 2:00PM MST. Most books have the Pokes favored by 28 1/2.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Get em Pokes, start of a new dynasty!!
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Anyway to watch it online? It's not listed on themw.com this time which is where I used to be able to find these non televised games
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:47 am Anyway to watch it online? It's not listed on themw.com this time which is where I used to be able to find these non televised games
If you go to the Miss Valley athletics twitter page there's a t.v. link to Gowyo, so I assume it will be streamed on Gowyo.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:11 pm
WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:47 am Anyway to watch it online? It's not listed on themw.com this time which is where I used to be able to find these non televised games
If you go to the Miss Valley athletics twitter page there's a t.v. link to Gowyo, so I assume it will be streamed on Gowyo.
Thanks! :thumb:
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:23 pm
Old-Bull wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:11 pm
Thanks! :thumb:
I just checked Wyo-Vision and the link said audio only. I'm getting ready to leave for the game right now, so you'll have to investigate further. MW might be an option. Sometimes Pokes Nation facebook group has links to the games.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Old-Bull wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:25 pm I just checked Wyo-Vision and the link said audio only.
Go to GoWyo.Click on "Watch Live". When on that page, click "Live events". You will see the game on one of the two events listed.

BUT, as I remember (with a fading memory) that I was able to get the streaming video on my TV (COMCAST TV/Internet/Phone subscription) but I don't remember how I did it in the past (if I ever did).

Anybody know how or if it can be done?
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Williams, Jeffries, Oden, and the Hunters are the starters.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Man, in the first few minutes you can already see a huge difference, pushing the ball, aggressive defense, great shooting. Exciting basketball to start the game.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

4 minutes and 18 seconds into the game and Wyoming is up by 15.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Looks like a real offense. It helps to have a lot of shooters. Liking what I see. MV really hasn’t challenged the young guys much on the other side.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Marble and Foster out with Covid.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke

Looks like a lot of good shooters on the team. Everyone seems to have a smooth looking shot
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Like to see a 36 pt win or whatever it was today. Seems like over the last few years some of our openers had been nail-biters. Shot a good field goal percentage, which is encouraging.

Crowd size was about par for the course over the last few years also!

All in all a good showing for the pokes!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Nice win! MSVS is not a good team, but we dominated from tip off and executed all game. I can’t remember the last time football and hoops had blowout wins in the same weekend!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Nice win and valuable pt for others nice to see Hunter T as high man @ 25, this might be a fun season/team to watch......stay healthy!!!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:46 pm Like to see a 36 pt win or whatever it was today. Seems like over the last few years some of our openers had been nail-biters. Shot a good field goal percentage, which is encouraging.

Crowd size was about par for the course over the last few years also!

All in all a good showing for the pokes!
Agreed, the teams from the last few years squeak this one out by 5 points.
Last edited by Pokes fan 24-7 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

Anyone know what is going on with Foster and Marble?
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

I just got back from the game.

It's no wonder the coaches are calling Hunter Thompson D.T. He does look different. He's in the best shape I've ever seen him in. His minutes were kind of limited because it looked like he was in foul trouble. He could have a huge year and be in contention for MW player of the year. Linder is playing him to his strengths. I can only remember one play all game where Hunter posted up and got the ball.

Marble and Foster didn't play due to Covid.

Marcus Williams could have went for 50. They didn't have a player that could keep him from going to the rack whenever he wanted. He made some nice hustle plays and some sneaky steals as well. He just missed on a monster Oop to Oden. They'll dial in the chemistry on the oop, but he's an explosive point that likes to distribute the ball. If you collapse to help with him attacking the rim, the ball goes straight to the open man. He's an assist machine. It will be interesting to see who starts when Marble is back. Maybe Marble will start at the two and Jeffries will go to the bench. It's only one game, but it looks like Marcus needs to be on the floor. His ability to attack the rim and find the open man makes this offense click. Kwane is pretty damn good at attacking the rack as well. It will be fun to see how it shakes out.

Maldonado's numbers might suffer this year. The last few years, he was one of the best offensive weapons we had. In this offense, he's not going to have to take a lot of shots. They'll still post him up and isolate him. He's still great at attacking the rim. He just isn't anywhere near one of the best three point shooters on this team. I think we'll see a lot more of Maldonado in the post, and a lot less of him shooting from the three point line, unless his outside shot has improved(too early to tell).

Drake Jeffries can shoot it. He could average 20 points a game for us this year.

Eoin(Owen) Nelson impressed me more than I thought he would. He's pretty damn big and showed nice touch around the rim for a guy his size with limited experience.

One of the benefits of having that many good shooters on the roster is free throw percentage. It looks like we have a bunch of guys that will hurt you at the free throw line. That looks like a team strength.

I was surprised that we didn't have a lot more turnovers. The first game of the season it can get pretty ugly. I don't know what the final the final numbers we're, but it wasn't a noticeable problem.

Like turnovers, I didn't feel pissed off about our lack of rebounding. It's too early in the season to tell, but we didn't get destroyed on the boards like we have been the last few years.

They had a few slow stretches(the start of the second half) which is to be expected for a season opener. You would love to see them focused for the entire game and more consistent, but it was a good start.

Not the toughest opponent, but at least we jumped out on them early and the game was never competitive. You can't really tell what kind of team we have yet, but it was a good start.
Last edited by Old-Bull on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:16 pm Anyone know what is going on with Foster and Marble?
Covid protocol according to Linder .