Jeremiah Oden: 7th Linder Commit

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Jeremiah Oden is a 6'8", 190 lbs forward from Sunrise Christian Academy in Kansas. A 2020, three-star Rivals and 247sports recruit. Based on his Twitter account, over the last year Oden had offers from Minnesota, St. Bonaventure, UMass, UNC-Greensboro, Western Michigan, DePaul, Valpo, Drake and Saint Louis, in addition to Wyoming. New Mexico, San Francisco and UTEP apparently had offered, also. Jeremiah was young for his class, so heading to Sunrise and reclassifying as a 2020 recruit was probably in his best interest.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Hell to the yes
W-Y, Until I Die!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

“We’re really excited to welcome Jeremiah Oden to the University of Wyoming,” Linder said in a release. “Jeremiah brings a great deal of versatility, talent and length to the Cowboy program. As a player, he is a modern forward who has the ability to dribble, pass and shoot with exceptional feel and basketball IQ. The ability to defend multiple positions, as well as effecting the game on the offensive side of the floor via exploiting mismatches and being a perimeter shooting threat, makes Jeremiah a valuable asset from day one."

Article link: https://www.7220sports.com/breaking-pok ... m-chicago/
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Oden first worked his way onto the Rivals.com radar in the Spring of 2019 when he lit up the NY2LA Spring Extravaganza with Brad Beal Elite. He showed skill, he hit shots and looked like a future mismatch problem.

"I picked Wyoming because I feel like I’ve never had any head coach recruit and put time into me like Coach Linder did," Oden told Rivals.com. "He laid out a clear plan for me since the first day we started talking watched about seven of my full games of film and broke down film with me to show me where I could improve and how I could help them.

The final member of a seven man class that features another major steal in shooting guard Marcus Williams, the addition of Oden moves Wyoming's 2020 haul into the number 47 spot nationally.

Story link: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... p-50-class
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wooooo! Welcome to Wyoming
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Man oh man, I am so stoked to see this team on the floor. Give this program a year or two and the AA should be once again packed to the rafters. This is the beginning of the resurrection of Wyoming basketball.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Big Wonderful
Buckaroo

CowboyNV wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:42 am Man oh man, I am so stoked to see this team on the floor. Give this program a year or two and the AA should be once again packed to the rafters. This is the beginning of the resurrection of Wyoming basketball.
I do believe you're right. I'll be there hanging from the rafters. Fun times ahead!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

The way that the recruiting class is being hyped makes me wonder if Maldonado will even be a starter.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:28 am The way that the recruiting class is being hyped makes me wonder if Maldonado will even be a starter.
Don’t get too crazy with the expectations yet, it’s going to take time. Freshmen might play but against good teams they usually struggle. Our best 2 players right now are still Maldo and Marble.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

LARAMIE – With his final options coming down to either Cal or the University of Wyoming, Jeremiah Oden said he did his homework. If he was going to live in Laramie, he had to be sure it was the right fit.

As a player, Oden considers himself a versatile offensive force, with range out to the 3-point line, a solid post game and the ability to run the floor in transition. He also considers himself able to guard any spot on the court defensively and, above all else, is unselfish.

“I’m not a selfish player,” Oden said. “I don’t necessarily need the ball.”

Story link: https://www.wyosports.net/university_of ... acdd0.html
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

Just remember it hard to recruit to Wyoming. Lol. It so amazing that Jeff has applied his belief to the university much in the same way Craig has done with the football program. Big difference he believes in the state and the university. Makes all the difference. Jeff does in 3 weeks what no other coach has been able to do. Recruit a top 50 class on nothing but the trust of the coaching staff. GO POKES. BB is on the way to greatness
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeachPoke wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:57 pm Just remember it hard to recruit to Wyoming. Lol. It so amazing that Jeff has applied his belief to the university much in the same way Craig has done with the football program. Big difference he believes in the state and the university. Makes all the difference. Jeff does in 3 weeks what no other coach has been able to do. Recruit a top 50 class on nothing but the trust of the coaching staff. GO POKES. BB is on the way to greatness
It is hard to recruit to Laramie, to pretend otherwise is foolish. Not anyone can do it. However, it is not impossible, and when someone can come in and recruit successfully, that means they are good at what they do. Rankings don't mean a whole lot, but in this case I hope they are spot on. It will take a year or two to find out, but I'm hoping Linder is the real deal.