Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Otero JC by way of Dublin, Ireland:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Nelson is a 6'9" / 6'10" forward with three years of eligibility.
Last edited by POKE FAN on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I like the way he runs the court. Looks pretty good. I wish the highlights showed more rebounding but it did show a couple offensive put backs.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Old-Bull
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:40 pm I like the way he runs the court. Looks pretty good. I wish the highlights showed more rebounding but it did show a couple offensive put backs.
His highlights aren't filled with him hitting threes so maybe he's more of a traditional post player.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Old-Bull wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:02 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:40 pm I like the way he runs the court. Looks pretty good. I wish the highlights showed more rebounding but it did show a couple offensive put backs.
His highlights aren't filled with him hitting threes so maybe he's more of a traditional post player.
There was lots of pick and roll and passes to the post that he handled well. Seems to have decent hands to catch passes and he showed decent moves. It’ll be nice to have a more traditional big.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:36 pm
There was lots of pick and roll and passes to the post that he handled well. Seems to have decent hands to catch passes and he showed decent moves. It’ll be nice to have a more traditional big.
Heck yea hopefully he can play aggressive in the post. It’s been a few years since we had aggressive bigs.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Not sure what to think of this recruit. They must be hoping that he can turn into something. Guy only averaged 6 points per game and only started 1 game.

Hope he has a lot of potential that turns into something. Not being able to start on a JC team though, doesn’t translate very well to D1 ball.

Coaches know more than I do so they must see something in him. Kinda reminds me of a Jonathon Barnes type of player though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Big Wonderful
Buckaroo

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:00 pm
laxwyo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:36 pm
Heck yea hopefully he can play aggressive in the post. It’s been a few years since we had aggressive bigs.
Looks like he goes to the rim strong.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:25 pm Not sure what to think of this recruit. They must be hoping that he can turn into something. Guy only averaged 6 points per game and only started 1 game.

Hope he has a lot of potential that turns into something. Not being able to start on a JC team though, doesn’t translate very well to D1 ball.

Coaches know more than I do so they must see something in him. Kinda reminds me of a Jonathon Barnes type of player though.
This is my thoughts exactly.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:25 pm Not sure what to think of this recruit. They must be hoping that he can turn into something. Guy only averaged 6 points per game and only started 1 game.

I don't think they're recruiting him for his offense. He's an athletic and intense rim runner. A guy that is an alley oop threat will open lanes for the guards to drive off the pick and roll.

Barnes had zero intensity which was his downfall. This kid looks too intense from those videos.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Good story from Cody.......

“Back home, you could elbow someone and you wouldn’t get charge call,” he said. “It’s more about finesse and not throwing your weight around.”

Don’t get (Nelson) wrong, there will still be plenty of that. His goal is to be a dominating force in the paint. Foot speed is not a concern. Nelson said he probably runs the floor “better than any big man in the country.” He credits that to rugby, hurling and soccer.

Link: https://www.7220sports.com/big-shamrock ... n-ireland/