Marcus Williams: 3rd Linder Commit

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Marcus Williams (Dickinson, TX), 6'2", 170 lbs, de-committed from Northern Colorado when Linder took the Wyoming job. A top-10 guard in his region of the greater Houston area and top-35 in Texas (Texas Hoops). A Rivals 3-star. Co-MVP of District 24-6A in Texas.

From UNC site:

"We're ecstatic about the addition of Marcus Williams to the Bear program. Marcus brings a wealth of ability and upside to the future of the guard spot at UNC. As an explosive playmaker, Marcus brings a ton of excitement to the floor every time he steps on the court," head coach Jeff Linder said. "Marcus has great feel and vision with the ball in his hands which leads to great looks for his teammates. He has an uncanny ability to make the right read, especially in ball-screens. Additionally, Marcus has fantastic size and athleticism for a guard of his ability, which allows him to pick apart defenses with the pass or with explosive plays at the rim. Marcus is an exceptional young man and we look forward to him electrifying Bank of Colorado Arena crowds for years to come!"

UNC link: https://uncbears.com/news/2019/11/13/co ... class.aspx
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Video and miscellaneous tweets:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Marcus Williams Official Senior SZN (Ball So Hard TV)

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

“What stood out to me is just to have a chance to come to a nice and strong fan (supported) school like Wyoming and change the program around,” Williams told WyoSports. “I feel like me being the player I am and the offense Coach Linder (runs) will go hand and hand, and (with) the weapons he’s bringing, we will shock a lot of people early.”

Link: https://www.wyosports.net/university_of ... ad5db.html
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

This kid has me the most excited of any of the recruits. He looks great!