2020-21 team

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

So we basically are getting a new team. Who do you folks want to stay? What would you like to see for our team
I want both Hunter’s, Kwane and Kenny for sure. That gives us 3 good size guards and a stretch 4. I want to see, a true point guard, a combo guard, at least two bigs 6’9” or bigger with some beef to them. Would love to see a HL Coleman type player. Three guys left- one big, one Pg and one 6’7” grown ass man like Leonard Washington. I see us recruiting Colorado and hopefully picking up a JC transfer with 3 years left and maybe a grad transfer to even out classes
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Vt poke wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:44 pm So we basically are getting a new team. Who do you folks want to stay? What would you like to see for our team
I want both Hunter’s, Kwane and Kenny for sure. That gives us 3 good size guards and a stretch 4. I want to see, a true point guard, a combo guard, at least two bigs 6’9” or bigger with some beef to them. Would love to see a HL Coleman type player. Three guys left- one big, one Pg and one 6’7” grown A$$ man like Leonard Washington. I see us recruiting Colorado and hopefully picking up a JC transfer with 3 years left and maybe a grad transfer to even out classes
I agree with keeping the 4 guys you mentioned. It would also be nice if TJ stayed, unlike the other transfers he entered before Linder was hired so maybe there is a chance. I really think they need to try and get a grad transfer big, as it usually takes a few years to develop them. I think Edwards got a 6 11 commit not sure if he’s still coming so need another big for sure. Point guard is a must, I want to see Maldo playing off ball.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:45 am
Vt poke wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:44 pm So we basically are getting a new team. Who do you folks want to stay? What would you like to see for our team
I want both Hunter’s, Kwane and Kenny for sure. That gives us 3 good size guards and a stretch 4. I want to see, a true point guard, a combo guard, at least two bigs 6’9” or bigger with some beef to them. Would love to see a HL Coleman type player. Three guys left- one big, one Pg and one 6’7” grown A$$ man like Leonard Washington. I see us recruiting Colorado and hopefully picking up a JC transfer with 3 years left and maybe a grad transfer to even out classes
I agree with keeping the 4 guys you mentioned. It would also be nice if TJ stayed, unlike the other transfers he entered before Linder was hired so maybe there is a chance. I really think they need to try and get a grad transfer big, as it usually takes a few years to develop them. I think Edwards got a 6 11 commit not sure if he’s still coming so need another big for sure. Point guard is a must, I want to see Maldo playing off ball.
Agreed about Maldo 100 percent. He’s not a PG. need him on the wing. A nice, mature big and a big with hops that can clear the boards and swat the ball are on my wish list. I hadn’t heard about the 6’11” big man
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Kwane is more of a pg than Maldo. Kwane handles the rock better, has better poise and is more under control. Maldo is a slighty better offensive player in the half court at this point and a better rebounder and defender. Kwane can shoot better from the perimeter, though.