Linder - Official

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Sundance Wicks is a fantastic hire. Brilliant.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I don't know much about Sundance...but he seems to be a well liked and, on paper, has been successful. I also see this as a hire to re-invigorate the fanbase by hiring a local. Folks in Wyoming will champion any person from Wyoming or that has Wyoming roots, even if they aren't the best/most qualified. NOT saying Sundance isn't good...just that a good chunk of the fanbase will tolerate a mediocre Wyoming product, simply because it's a Wyoming product.

Time will tell, and I have high hopes for Linder and his staff...until proven otherwise.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Last thoughts from Sundance Wicks as he leaves Missouri Western for Wyoming. (I'm really feeling good about the makeup of this coaching staff.)

3-25-20: Sundance Steps Down (Griffon Sports Insider)

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Comments from the Associate Head Coach at Wake Forest:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

"Riley is someone who knows what it takes to win at Wyoming," Linder said "He lived it and saw what it looked like everyday as a student-athlete playing for Coach Shyatt. The hard work paid off with a degree from the University of Wyoming, a Mountain West Championship trophy, and an opportunity to play in the NCAA Tournament. To have him on the coaching staff to where he can share those experiences with our student-athletes is invaluable."

Link: https://gowyo.com/news/2020/3/26/mens-b ... staff.aspx
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

New basketball facilities promo video for Linder & staff:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

More good news for Linder:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Finally caught up with listening to this and I am totally bought in on Linder. He's a dynamic guy - you can feel the charisma and calm confidence through the interview. He is going to get recruits to Laramie and i'm confident that he will get the right type of kids. The guy has coached at every level and truly built his profile from the ground up. I had no idea that he recruited Damian Lillard to Weber St (didn't end up coaching him).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Hunter Thompson was a little passive aggressive there. Please forgive us fans for being pessimistic after the worst two year stretch in Cowboy Basketball history.Anyway, glad he's coming back
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:32 am
Finally caught up with listening to this and I am totally bought in on Linder. He's a dynamic guy - you can feel the charisma and calm confidence through the interview. He is going to get recruits to Laramie and i'm confident that he will get the right type of kids. The guy has coached at every level and truly built his profile from the ground up. I had no idea that he recruited Damian Lillard to Weber St (didn't end up coaching him).
Yes, I agree. That was a good interview with Gottlieb. Linder certainly does have confidence in his ability to shape success. It shows through with each interview. Let's hope Jeff CAN get Wyoming into a position of being a "top-3" job in the MWC. He was "blown away" by the facilities and sure is promoting that area. Let's hope his home visits with Marble and Foster bring good news soon.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 am Hunter Thompson was a little passive aggressive there. Please forgive us fans for being pessimistic after the worst two year stretch in Cowboy Basketball history.Anyway, glad he's coming back
I agree, for me and I'm guessing a lot of people, all pessimism is gone now that we have a new staff. It would have been there in full force if we had kept Edwards another year, but with Linder I'm back excited for basketball and to see what he can do starting next season.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Another recruiting promo video for Linder & Co.:

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

More facilities promotion by this staff: