Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

This will be weird to watch since it'll be in an empty football stadium

https://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/file ... 1_2020.pdf
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Bridges with a great draw! Shockingly he gets the #8 seed and should face Gonser (#9 seed) and then if he wins that match, it would set up a match with the #1 seeded Rivera in the quarters. I believe Rivera is about the 5th best wrestler at 133. He got the #1 seed because he happened to upset DeSanto and Roman Bravo-Young in the Big 10s and after Roman Bravo-Young upset Seth Gross.

Bridges has beat Gonser in both of their meetings. If Bridges wrestles to his ability, he could definitely make the semis. I'm not optimistic that it will happen but it is a possibility.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Branch apparently has a weird power over the selection committee this year
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 pm Bridges with a great draw! Shockingly he gets the #8 seed and should face Gonser (#9 seed) and then if he wins that match, it would set up a match with the #1 seeded Rivera in the quarters. I believe Rivera is about the 5th best wrestler at 133. He got the #1 seed because he happened to upset DeSanto and Roman Bravo-Young in the Big 10s and after Roman Bravo-Young upset Seth Gross.

Bridges has beat Gonser in both of their meetings. If Bridges wrestles to his ability, he could definitely make the semis. I'm not optimistic that it will happen but it is a possibility.
I thought seabass beat gross in the semis? Either way that's a loaded weight class
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

303cowboy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:09 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 pm Bridges with a great draw! Shockingly he gets the #8 seed and should face Gonser (#9 seed) and then if he wins that match, it would set up a match with the #1 seeded Rivera in the quarters. I believe Rivera is about the 5th best wrestler at 133. He got the #1 seed because he happened to upset DeSanto and Roman Bravo-Young in the Big 10s and after Roman Bravo-Young upset Seth Gross.

I thought seabass beat gross in the semis? Either way that's a loaded weight class
Oh yea, you’re correct. RBY beat DeSanto in the semis. 133 is far and away the best weight class in my opinion. If I had to predict things at the NCAAs, I would predict: 1) Gross, 2) RBY, 3) DeSanto 4) Chas Tucker 5) Rivera
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Thought Andrews would get better than #13 seed. Guess he didn't have much of a resume outside of the Big XII championships
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:22 pm Thought Andrews would get better than #13 seed. Guess he didn't have much of a resume outside of the Big XII championships
I thought he was seeded appropriately. HWT wasn’t exactly great in the Big 12 but they have 3-4 guys who could get hot and be an AA. My pick to get hot is Hokit. The Big 10, however, is loaded with young great heavyweights.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

NBA suspended the season. Have a feeling the NCAA wrestling tournament gets cancelled.
American Horse
Ranch Hand

Looks like the boys did bracket pretty well, now they need to perform. 133 is absolutely killer. Inany other year I think Montorie is AA. This year not real sure. He also is somewhat of a roller coaster. Can beat anyone or lose to anyone. Not expecting a whole lot of noise at the NCAAs this year but hoping for the best. Getting half the team in is a pretty good feat iin itself.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:00 pm NBA suspended the season. Have a feeling the NCAA wrestling tournament gets cancelled.
Still going to happen, but with no fans is what I heard. I guess they could still cancel it, too
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:36 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:00 pm NBA suspended the season. Have a feeling the NCAA wrestling tournament gets cancelled.
Still going to happen, but with no fans is what I heard. I guess they could still cancel it, too
Officially cancelled. Bummer for the wrestlers. Literally no sports to watch on TV.