Trevon Taylor

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Sayonara.......

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Bye. If these players cannot see that Edwards needed to go and that they now stand a chance to improve, maybe they're not a good fit here. Wish him well, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Damn. I worry that almost everyone is gonna go. They love Edwards.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:57 pm Bye. If these players cannot see that Edwards needed to go and that they now stand a chance to improve, maybe they're not a good fit here. Wish him well, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I'm sorry to see him go. His shooting improved immensely at the end of the year. I don't have any issue with what he did. He was recruited by Edwards and wanted to play for him. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cya, ull be sorry
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

TSpoke wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:19 pm Damn. I worry that almost everyone is gonna go. They love Edwards.
You're worried about players from a seven win team leaving? Why?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 64 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:00 pm
TSpoke wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:19 pm Damn. I worry that almost everyone is gonna go. They love Edwards.
Because there are some decent players on this team. What if we had that Carvacho kid from fort Collins?
One good big man and this team could have won 10 more games. Taylor was never going to be all conference. But he was a solid player who could contribute to this team for the next 2 years.

Now, if these guys want to leave, that's fine. But next year is going to be a lot of fun if the next coach has to start from scratch.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Not so fast, guys. Just because his name is in the portal doesn't mean he's necessarily gone. I, for one, really hope TJ stays. He's turned into a good player and can be a really good player in the next two years
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:57 pm Not so fast, guys. Just because his name is in the portal doesn't mean he's necessarily gone. I, for one, really hope TJ stays. He's turned into a good player and can be a really good player in the next two years
I agree, he’s making progress
W-Y, Until I Die!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Based on Twitter, he's just keeping his options open. He's planning on meeting with the new coach, whoever that is...to see if he'll be a good fit. This actually seems like a decent idea. He'll know what other schools have interest in him and know his options.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:38 pm
Because there are some decent players on this team. What if we had that Carvacho kid from fort Collins?
One good big man and this team could have won 10 more games. Taylor was never going to be all conference. But he was a solid player who could contribute to this team for the next 2 years.

Now, if these guys want to leave, that's fine. But next year is going to be a lot of fun if the next coach has to start from scratch.
It’s not like they can be much worse.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 am
bladerunnr wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:38 pm

It’s not like they can be much worse.
You have been pretty vocal that there is no talent on the roster but the only argument you make is that they had a bad record. Sometimes talent lacks the right supporting pieces or experience one year and then improves dramatically the next. Look at the football team from 2015 to 2016. Maldonado and Marble are good enough to build around. Foster Thompson And Taylor will be good support pieces as upperclassmen we just need two tough bigs and a point guard.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:27 am Based on Twitter, he's just keeping his options open. He's planning on meeting with the new coach, whoever that is...to see if he'll be a good fit. This actually seems like a decent idea. He'll know what other schools have interest in him and know his options.
Agree with this. He may want to stay, depending on the hire, etc.

Frankly I am surprised regarding his apparent loyalty to Edwards, as Edwards did nothing but ream his ass, every minute of every game. It was like TJ could do nothing right. The continual screaming at TJ from Edwards, Shyatt, and the other lame duck coach (Matt whomever) was never ending.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:57 pm Not so fast, guys. Just because his name is in the portal doesn't mean he's necessarily gone. I, for one, really hope TJ stays. He's turned into a good player and can be a really good player in the next two years
I thought of this after I posted my first post. I don't blame them. They need to see the new coach and once they are in the portal they can see what is available out there for them. See who may have some interest. I don't blame any and all the players to see whats out there while waiting on the next coach.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:41 am
kdwrightuwyo wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:27 am Based on Twitter, he's just keeping his options open. He's planning on meeting with the new coach, whoever that is...to see if he'll be a good fit. This actually seems like a decent idea. He'll know what other schools have interest in him and know his options.

Frankly I am surprised regarding his apparent loyalty to Edwards, as Edwards did nothing but ream his A$$, every minute of every game. It was like TJ could do nothing right. The continual screaming at TJ from Edwards, Shyatt, and the other lame duck coach (Matt whomever) was never ending.
Stockholm syndrome maybe?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Maybe a different coaching style might change his mind, love AE or not
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:41 am

Frankly I am surprised regarding his apparent loyalty to Edwards, as Edwards did nothing but ream his A$$, every minute of every game. It was like TJ could do nothing right. The continual screaming at TJ from Edwards, Shyatt, and the other lame duck coach (Matt whomever) was never ending.
This.

The outcry of public support for Edwards from the players was surprising. In his tenure in Laramie, I never saw or heard him say or do anything to praise his players without an equal (or more often far more severe) counter point of what they did wrong. More often than not, he was screaming and belittling them.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

Honestly, it would be malpractice for any player not to put their name in the transfer portal after a coach gets fired.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Cowduck wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:34 am Honestly, it would be malpractice for any player not to put their name in the transfer portal after a coach gets fired.
I would do it if I were in there shoes. Hopefully the next coach gets the good ones to stick around.
andersonj
Buckaroo

While fans may not mourn the loss of players from the program, there is no need to trash them after they worked so hard. Come on, show a little style and class.