Edwards Dismissed

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:41 pm
DVDA wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:00 pmIs there something going on behind the scenes that is preventing coaches from being successful here or was Edwards simply a bad hire?
well recruiting to Laramie is incredibly difficult. If a kid can go to San Diego St, they're gonna go to San Diego St. If they can go to Colorado St, they're probably gonna choose to spend their college days in Fort Collins over Laramie. If a kid can go to Tulane they're probably gonna go to Tulane over Wyoming. It's a tough place to win recruiting battles in the best of times. And with the current economic outlook in the state of Wyoming, it's not the best of times. The financial picture across the state and the cuts to higher education and UW have made life more difficult for WYO head coaches, without a doubt.

But it was also a bad hire. They didn't conduct a national search. I mean, come on they didn't even try to conduct the best search possible. I suspect that was the result of the major cuts to higher ed funding at the state level but still, bad hire.
Couldn't be further from the truth. We win recruiting battles consistently with CSU. There are numerous football players that chose us over them.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:41 pm
DVDA wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:00 pmIs there something going on behind the scenes that is preventing coaches from being successful here or was Edwards simply a bad hire?
well recruiting to Laramie is incredibly difficult. If a kid can go to San Diego St, they're gonna go to San Diego St. If they can go to Colorado St, they're probably gonna choose to spend their college days in Fort Collins over Laramie. If a kid can go to Tulane they're probably gonna go to Tulane over Wyoming. It's a tough place to win recruiting battles in the best of times. And with the current economic outlook in the state of Wyoming, it's not the best of times. The financial picture across the state and the cuts to higher education and UW have made life more difficult for WYO head coaches, without a doubt.

But it was also a bad hire. They didn't conduct a national search. I mean, come on they didn't even try to conduct the best search possible. I suspect that was the result of the major cuts to higher ed funding at the state level but still, bad hire.
Completely & Total poop comment on recruiting. Couldn't be further from the truth.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...