Back to the topic at hand....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:35 am
Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:44 am
stymeman wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:36 am Where's Linder from, hope he has HC experience
He’s the current HC for University of Northern Colorado. UNC has beat Wyoming three years in a row. The Bears are 20-9 sitting in third in the Big Sky.
Prior to his stint at UNC, he was the Assistant Head Coach at Boise State, so he has Mountain West experience as well.
Also a native of CO who played at Western State.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Does Edwards save his job if we win tonight? I'm just having weird flashbacks to when McClain was as good as gone until he got us to the finals of the MWC tournament. It basically got him one more year.

It's hard to imagine based on the totality of the last 2 years. But I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:27 am Does Edwards save his job if we win tonight? I'm just having weird flashbacks to when McClain was as good as gone until he got us to the finals of the MWC tournament. It basically got him one more year.

It's hard to imagine based on the totality of the last 2 years. But I wouldn't be shocked if it happened.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:27 am Does Edwards save his job if we win tonight? I'm just having weird flashbacks to when McClain was as good as gone until he got us to the finals of the MWC tournament. It basically got him one more year.

Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

This brings up a good question as to what it would take for Edwards to get another year ( he does have 1 year left on his contract so he could get one without having to get extended). I say he would need to not only win the entire MWC tourney but also be competitive in the tourney game.

The odds of this happening are almost 0.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Enjoying the fun for now, Beat Utah State
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

This does feel like a “we’re giving you another year after seeing some potential” type a deal. Wouldn’t surprise me.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Steve McClain got fired with a winning a record. How crazy does that seem now? McClain should have been allowed another year to continue with Ewing, Jones, and Taylor. Burman is the one most responsible for decline of Wyoming basketball. Pretty sure he extended Shroyer for a season similar to the one he fired McClain for.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:05 am This does feel like a “we’re giving you another year after seeing some potential” type a deal. Wouldn’t surprise me.
It wouldn't surprise me either, but if that happens I hope the new president shows burman the door
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:40 am
laxwyo wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:05 am This does feel like a “we’re giving you another year after seeing some potential” type a deal. Wouldn’t surprise me.
It wouldn't surprise me either, but if that happens I hope the new president shows burman the door
With one year on his contract, I can really see them giving Edwards another shot. Don’t think the president will poop Burman just because basketball isn’t doing well. What else would he have cause for?
W-Y, Until I Die!