Why is Burman Waiting...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Just fire Edwards.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Agreed. There is not way a Shyatt Jr Interim can be worse. Get Edwards out of there. Absolutely unacceptable.
WheatlandCowboy
Buckaroo

Well, at least the announcers on tv were nice. Mentioned I80 being closed, which likely affected attendance today.....🤣
To lose the Border War in this fashion is disturbing. Many people will only see the final score and won’t know about the 19 point lead that was squandered in a few minutes...luckily. Embarrassing for the kids, fans, and.....well, I guess everybody in the state.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Edwards won’t be let go until after the season is over.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if Burman has already put some feelers out to different area’s across the country to see who may be interested.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:06 pm Edwards won’t be let go until after the season is over.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if Burman has already put some feelers out to different area’s across the country to see who may be interested.
If Burman was worth a crap he would have fired Edwards last year. He better have been trying to find a new coach since about November when it was apparent that we suck again
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:13 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:06 pm Edwards won’t be let go until after the season is over.

If Burman was worth a crap he would have fired Edwards last year. He better have been trying to find a new coach since about November when it was apparent that we suck again
I agree. If it was me, Edwards would have been fired 2 years ago or not hired in the first place.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

WheatlandCowboy
Buckaroo

Edwards needs a serious fire lit under his ass. That should trickle down to the asst. coaches, players, and water boy. There’s a serious lack of intensity and urgency from all involved. Even if we aren’t getting W’s, Cowboy fans can appreciate a strong work ethic, positive attitude, toughness, and grit. Very similar to the “smash mouth” style of UW football we often hear about. Fight for a rebound, scrap on the floor, make your sneakers chirp all night on the floor because you’re moving your feet.....we don’t have to look pretty doing it, we just need to have some tenacity and passion for the game exhibited. Poke fans appreciate that and will be there to support. Heck, I’ll bet there’ll even be an extra win in there somewhere. Maybe Coach Bohl should be hired? Just don’t let him bring Vigen along....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Cuz Burman's afraid he should fire himself too
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

WheatlandCowboy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm Edwards needs a serious fire lit under his A$$. That should trickle down to the asst. coaches, players, and water boy. There’s a serious lack of intensity and urgency from all involved. Even if we aren’t getting W’s, Cowboy fans can appreciate a strong work ethic, positive attitude, toughness, and grit. Very similar to the “smash mouth” style of UW football we often hear about. Fight for a rebound, scrap on the floor, make your sneakers chirp all night on the floor because you’re moving your feet.....we don’t have to look pretty doing it, we just need to have some tenacity and passion for the game exhibited. Poke fans appreciate that and will be there to support. Heck, I’ll bet there’ll even be an extra win in there somewhere. Maybe Coach Bohl should be hired? Just don’t let him bring Vigen along....
Edwards said after the game “this is a building job, not a win right away job.” And that this isn’t UNLV or New Mexico. I must have dreamed they won the MWC tournament a few years ago.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:36 pm
WheatlandCowboy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm Edwards needs a serious fire lit under his A$$. That should trickle down to the asst. coaches, players, and water boy. There’s a serious lack of intensity and urgency from all involved. Even if we aren’t getting W’s, Cowboy fans can appreciate a strong work ethic, positive attitude, toughness, and grit. Very similar to the “smash mouth” style of UW football we often hear about. Fight for a rebound, scrap on the floor, make your sneakers chirp all night on the floor because you’re moving your feet.....we don’t have to look pretty doing it, we just need to have some tenacity and passion for the game exhibited. Poke fans appreciate that and will be there to support. Heck, I’ll bet there’ll even be an extra win in there somewhere. Maybe Coach Bohl should be hired? Just don’t let him bring Vigen along....
Edwards said after the game “this is a building job, not a win right away job.” And that this isn’t UNLV or New Mexico. I must have dreamed they won the MWC tournament a few years ago.
.... now it is, thanks to you.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Well it was built up when Shyatt left and he sunk the ship. Can’t believe he said that. What a cop out lol.... he is trying to make an excuse for his poor coaching.

When Shyatt came in he had the team playing hard and working their butts off on defense from the get go. He never made excuses and the team was usually in most games.

Edwards has been here about 8 or 9 years total now? How many years does he need to win? He needs to get the hell out of here with that crap.

stymeman
Bronco-Buster

No dream, I was there.....u know how it goes every 12 years or so our magical time to shine happens, no more/no less, life as a Pokes fan
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Subcanis wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:36 pm
.... now it is, thanks to you.
And a total unacceptable quote any coach can ever say, we all want wins NO matter where we are....PATHETIC
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:21 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:13 pm

I agree. If it was me, Edwards would have been fired 2 years ago or not hired in the first place.
absolutely
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Burman destroyed the bball program and that's a fact --even considering a few high average Shyatt years.

I hope Burman isn't making the decisions this round.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Don't know if anyone wants a real answer, but I would imagine the reason they are waiting is because the buyout will be less once the season ends as opposed to if they do it mid-season. If they couldn't afford to can him last year, why would they suddenly do it now before the end of the conference tourney.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

There is no point in firing him before the end of the season. It sucks for us fans, but its the right thing to do for the players and the University.

If we care about integrity at all, you don't fire a coach mid season.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:04 pm Don't know if anyone wants a real answer, but I would imagine the reason they are waiting is because the buyout will be less once the season ends as opposed to if they do it mid-season. If they couldn't afford to can him last year, why would they suddenly do it now before the end of the conference tourney.
This is exactly it. I'm guessing he'll have his walking papers getting off of the plane back from Vegas. That would leave his buyout somewhere around $238,855
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

It’s almost over we can make it!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 am It’s almost over we can make it!
Should I ask if anyone is going to the MWC tournament?