Border War with Sheeep

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Will this be the least attended Border War Conference we'll ever see in th AA, i don't think we have ANY chance at all rivalry or not, 6 games and counting
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

I am going, but hopes for a win are low.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Ahead at half time. Who wants to bet that one team will make adjustments at half time and one team won't?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yes. Go Pokes. Please beat the sheep
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I am enjoying this...so far
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Total collapse fire everyone RIGHT NOW, IT'S A 40 MINUTE GAME 70-77, HORRIBLE
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

How in the f-word can you blow a 19 point second half lead and end up losing by 7. Christ this coaching staff absolutely sucks.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Haha. Holy poop. Up 19 and find a way to blow it. This game proves that this team has the talent to compete. When they are confident and flowing, they can hang. When they get down or things don't go their way, they cannot self correct. If only they had a coaching staff that could help them right the ship in those moments. This loss is worse than being blown out by 20.
WheatlandCowboy
Buckaroo

Against my better judgement, I spent 2 hours of my day watching this fiasco. This idea of choosing not to rebound after taking low percentage shots from as far away as 3rd Street in Laramie is unsettling. We continue to try to shove a square peg thru a round hole. The definition of insanity is.......
It’s time for Edwards to be shown the door.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Epic meltdown! Embarrassing. Can't wait for the Edwards Era to be OVER
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

I know I have posted this before, but...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:10 pm Epic meltdown! Embarrassing. Can't wait for the Edwards Era to be OVER
Kinda like the Koenning era too, lol
GoGoPokes
Buckaroo

Maybe I will be making something out of nothing in the eyes of others, but the treatment of Hunter Maldonado’s injury was alarming to me. I don’t know how much attention this was given on TV or the radio, so I will describe what I saw. Maldonado goes down close to the basket on our offensive side nearest to our bench. CSU takes the ball to the other side and Maldonado stays down. Eventually there is a stop of play and we will be bringing the ball back up the court on offense. None of our four remaining guys come up the court to help him, which is odd since they will be coming back on offense. No one from the bench moves. Maldonado tried to get up, stumbles a few feet and goes down (I am assuming cramps). No one moves. He gets up one more time and moves to the corner where he falls again. This time Vandiver finally moves from his chair to help and Hunter Thompson also helps get him to a chair. Then finally the training staff attends to him. What in the world is this about? Is Maldonado not liked or is the team so fractured that “team” isn’t even a concept this group understands?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:00 pm Haha. Holy Sh#t. Up 19 and find a way to blow it. This game proves that this team has the talent to compete. When they are confident and flowing, they can hang. When they get down or things don't go their way, they cannot self correct. If only they had a coaching staff that could help them right the ship in those moments. This loss is worse than being blown out by 20.
I was out of town and missed the game. My only frame of reference are the final stats. We were outrebounded 52-26. They shot 40 free throws. We shot 17. It is a rare day when a team can lose those 2 stats by that wide of a margin and win. It's amazing that based on about 24 minutes of a game, you've determined the talent level sufficient. Other than Maldanaodo, who on this team would see the floor on any other team in the conference? Maybe Marble, but that's about it.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Edwards preaches defense, rebounding and protecting the ball.
This quote is from the following article. If Edwards preaches rebounding, he sure as hell isn't getting what he wants. Carvacho got 17 boards and the entire Wyoming team got 26 (we were out rebounded by 26). His interview for this article should be enough to get him fired on the spot. Nothing but crickets from Burman and company. I hate to say it, but if the BOT, El Presidente Theobald, and Burman don't seem to care about this program, why the hell should we fans care? I've heard the arguments about supporting the kids, but at some point it's time to just call it a day. After reading this article and Edwards' cavalier attitude, I think I've reached that point.

https://www.7220sports.com/edwards-not- ... -meltdown/
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

We'll just have to beat their behinds in football again in the fall. :-)

Go Pokes!