- Jake Hendricks set the school record for 3s made at his last school with 191. That takes talent.bladerunnr wrote: ↑Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 amThat's a smear on the players that's really unjustified. I've seen this team play and they play hard. Why can't posters on this board ever accept the fact that we don't have the talent? There were posters who thought TVW was going to end up at csewe or another D1 program. Let me clue you in: Other than Maldanoado, there's not a player on our team who would see the floor on most of the teams in this conference.ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: ↑Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:57 amThe fanbase in Wyoming is fanatical. it's rabid. But I don't think the fan base wants to traverse the state to care more about the game at hand than the brown and gold team playing in it. Whether that is perception or reality, I dont know, but this team looks like they don't give a damn about basketball. They don't look coached, they don't look engaged and they rarely play as a team. This, way more than the losing, is why I gave up my tickets this season. I am not going to pay that $$$ to feel more invested in the games than the team.
If Burman can hire a coach who COACHES and can bring this team together to start playing competitive basketball, the fans will return. But not until then.
John Wooden himself couldn't do anything with this group. So stop claiming they just need coached up. It just ignores reality.
- Banks shot 50% from the field and over 40% from 3 at his previous school before coming to Wyoming. He was also recruited by Utah State. Requires talent.
- Kenny Foster was a Gatorade Player of the Year. Talent.
- TJ Taylor shot 46% from the field and 40% from 3 at his last school. Also recruited by Utah State. Talent.
- Thompson was a 4 star recruit. Played at the Top 100 camp in high school. Received multiple offers from good basketball schools like CU and Creighton. This doesnt happen if you're not talented.
- Morman. Talented
- Maldonado is the best player by far. A very good college basketball player.
No, I am not trying to imply the team is constructed to win the league and make a run in the tournament but they are far better than 5-13. The talent is there to be closer to .500. Despite how inept this coaching staff is, it cannot all be laid on their shoulders. At some point, the players have to execute. All you Vigen fluffers cannot wait to throw the players under the bus for "nOt ExCuTiNg tHiS iNcReDiBly DiFfIcUlT oFfEnSe" under terrible coaching but then when the basketball players are expected to rise to their talent level inspite of their terrible coaches it's a smear? Cmon man, I am not smearing them. They are a better team than they show.