So how did the Pokes get into this coaching mess?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
castlerocker
Cowpoke

How did Tom Burman make this hire?

Larry Shyatt gave Allen Edwards his stamp of approval.

I guess when a coach is leaving, and no matter how good
he is, he has a tendency to want to help the coach
and not necessarily the school. I think this is what happened
here.

So, will the next hire have to be a seasoned veteran or someone
who's career is on a strong upward trend? A proven recruiter
will be needed to pull this plane wreck out of a nose dive.
No more 'good ole boy' hires.
Last edited by castlerocker on Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I don't know the ins and outs of a school acquiring a coach. But would placing ads in newspapers for one work? Then let the applications come in rather than the school calling coaches.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:15 am I don't know the ins and outs of a school acquiring a coach. But would placing ads in newspapers for one work? Then let the applications come in rather than the school calling coaches.
Best thing to do is to watch the best performing coaches in the Sunbelt, MAC, AAC, C-USA, and FCS conferences. Look for coaches that have at least 3 seasons and a better than .500 record making less than $500k/ year who are currently at or better than their best season at that program. D2 coaches who've been consistent contenders for National Championships should also be given a look.

Get pictures of them walking into a massage parlor or titty bar, or put a horse's head in bed with them. From there, the rest is easy...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:32 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:15 am I don't know the ins and outs of a school acquiring a coach. But would placing ads in newspapers for one work? Then let the applications come in rather than the school calling coaches.
Best thing to do is to watch the best performing coaches in the Sunbelt, MAC, AAC, C-USA, and FCS conferences. Look for coaches that have at least 3 seasons and a better than .500 record making less than $500k/ year who are currently at or better than their best season at that program. D2 coaches who've been consistent contenders for National Championships should also be given a look.

Get pictures of them walking into a massage parlor or titty bar, or put a horse's head in bed with them. From there, the rest is easy...
Or, as Benny Dees once joked regarding how he got such good players to come to Wyoming: " We take em to Denver and tell them it's Laramie". Not trying to make light of a terrible situation but I really don''t think our AD and other higher ups give a rat's ass about the BB program. If they did, we would have had a new coach this year.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Thanks for nothing, Shyatt!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

By not spending $ on a coach knowing how to do so. This may take us years to get outta this mess, unfortunately. Hey Burman next one you hire needs at least 5 years HC experience no excuses. Get it done and do the right thing