Who is our next head coach

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Big Wonderful
Buckaroo

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 pm
rich22 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:15 pm https://uncbears.com/sports/mens-basket ... linder/568

I am ok with all of the suggestions but I thought I would throw this guys name in as well. He has done well at NC and when he was at Boise they had pretty good teams. He is from Colorado so he would be able to recruit locally but has a pretty good reputation for finding diamond in the rough type of recruits from other areas as well from what I can read about him.
Agree with Linder as a candidate. I would be very surprised if he isn't strongly considered for the position.

Checks all the boxes:

Local familiarity - raised in Colorado, went to school in Colorado and was an assistant at CU
Mountain West experience - top assistant at Boise before UNC
Success as a D1 head coach - halfway through his 4th year at UNC his record is 68-46
Can't disagree here. I haven't followed Linder's career but after digging into it, he looks to be a solid candidate. Definitely an up-and-comer that some school will snap up. Hope he is on the interview list.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

What kind of lines can we get on Edwards making it to the final game of the year. I bet they wait until after the season to fire him.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 pm
rich22 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:15 pm https://uncbears.com/sports/mens-basket ... linder/568

I am ok with all of the suggestions but I thought I would throw this guys name in as well. He has done well at NC and when he was at Boise they had pretty good teams. He is from Colorado so he would be able to recruit locally but has a pretty good reputation for finding diamond in the rough type of recruits from other areas as well from what I can read about him.
Agree with Linder as a candidate. I would be very surprised if he isn't strongly considered for the position.

Checks all the boxes:

Local familiarity - raised in Colorado, went to school in Colorado and was an assistant at CU
Mountain West experience - top assistant at Boise before UNC
Success as a D1 head coach - halfway through his 4th year at UNC his record is 68-46
Linder would be a good get. I would be happy with him Miles, Menzies, or Pasternack. But I don’t have high hopes we get any of them.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

Miles would be solid. Menzies would be interesting

a national search must be conducted this time around that's for sure