Utah Valley vs Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
JasonWYO
Buckaroo

We have hit an all time low. I have been a season ticket holder and a major CJC contributor for more than 40 years. This is the worst I have ever seen basketball. It's really sad. I feel bad for the athletes that have worked so hard and committed to a program that has failed them. I can only hope for a miracle, but I fear it will take many many years to repair the damage already done. A sad time for WY basketball fans.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Well, that sucked. Utah Valley University? Really? Burman must be so f-word proud of this program.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:57 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:50 pm Outside of the D3 game, I don’t know who we beat. This is rock bottom.
I wish you were right, but I think rock bottom isn't here yet. We are going to get curb stomped by every team in the conference and very few of the games will be in doubt at halftime.
Honest question: What would be worse, losing at home to a D-III school or going 0-fer in conference?

I'm afraid both are in play currently.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

But as long as we beat CSU we'll be "ok" seems to be the thoughts at this program, i see maybe 3 more wins rest of season, if that....thank goodness we got a bowl game to keep Burman occupied otherwise he may had to have had to do his job in performance review, afterall it is end of the year...cant wait to see what actions may or may not be taken in 2020?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:52 am But as long as we beat CSU we'll be "ok" seems to be the thoughts at this program, i see maybe 3 more wins rest of season, if that....thank goodness we got a bowl game to keep Burman occupied otherwise he may had to have had to do his job in performance review, afterall it is end of the year...cant wait to see what actions may or may not be taken in 2020?
I know its harder to go winless than it is to win all the games but I just dont see a win on the schedule. MAYBE SJSU. MAYBE.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:52 am But as long as we beat CSU we'll be "ok" seems to be the thoughts at this program, i see maybe 3 more wins rest of season, if that....thank goodness we got a bowl game to keep Burman occupied otherwise he may had to have had to do his job in performance review, afterall it is end of the year...cant wait to see what actions may or may not be taken in 2020?
CSU beat Utah Valley by 31 points.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:29 am
I know its harder to go winless than it is to win all the games but I just dont see a win on the schedule. MAYBE SJSU. MAYBE.
We will pull off a win or two in conference with an 'upset' at home. Although I personally feel that I'd rather just see the rest of the season forfeited, hire a new coach and start getting ready for next year and the future of the program. It is just too damn deflating with all of these losses and knowing how terrible we are.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:05 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:29 am
We will pull off a win or two in conference with an 'upset' at home. Although I personally feel that I'd rather just see the rest of the season forfeited, hire a new coach and start getting ready for next year and the future of the program. It is just too damn deflating with all of these losses and knowing how terrible we are.
I dont think Burman has the stones to fire him mid season which means its going to be A LONG few months.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

nm
Last edited by LanderPoke on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:17 pm I used to be a huge fan. I haven't paid attention for two years. I look at the subject titles, then move on to Bills news, or Vikings news, or Seahawks news, or recipes... Lots of Sh#t more important than Wyoming basketball.
:rofl: This is how bad it's gotten. A one time die hard has become more interested in cooking than following Cowboy basketball. sad. By the way, what good recipes have you found?
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Smoked salmon dip recently as my wife got to pick number 1 in her office white elephant, and selected smoked Alaska salmon.

I also follow "Sam the cooking guy's" YouTube... He's funny, makes good food
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

carbonpoke wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 pm Smoked salmon dip recently as my wife got to pick number 1 in her office white elephant, and selected smoked Alaska salmon.

I also follow "Sam the cooking guy's" YouTube... He's funny, makes good food
I'll have to check this out
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Sam the Cooking Guy is legit. Great channel for sure
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Make this, it's freaking good... Make sure to use vermouth. My son was doing cartwheels for this.

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

I am laughing my ass off. Here we are, about to enter the "meat" of the season, conference play, and the most interesting thing we can find to talk about is food. Such is the state of Wyoming men's basketball. For the first time in over 40 years, my wife and I will not be traveling to Laramie to see a game. I won't spend the close to $1500 required to make a weekend out of it. Sad to say, I may never witness another Wyoming game in person. But I do plan on trying out the Alfredo + Crispy Chicken recipe. And with the leftover vermouth, I will make us a really nice martini.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:11 pm Make this, it's freaking good... Make sure to use vermouth. My son was doing cartwheels for this.

Haven’t had that one. Looks legit though
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

All things Barbecue is another great channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/allthingsbbq