Utah Valley vs Wyoming

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Just to let you know how far Wyoming has fallen, Utah Valley is a 1 1/2 point favorite in Laramie tonight. Utah Valley is 4-8 (that includes their exhibition games, they are 2-8 without them) on the year with a 5 game losing streak coming into tonight's game and an RPI of 317. If Wyoming manages to lose this game, I'm not sure how much worse it can get unless Wyoming drops their upcoming game with Nebraska Wesleyan University, a Division III foe.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I think you may have nailed our potential last 2 wins...tonight and Nebraska Whatever. I don't see much hope from there.

:(
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I'm surprised, given the basketball situation, that someone even bothered to open an "Opponent" vs Wyoming topic.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm I'm surprised, given the basketball situation, that someone even bothered to open an "Opponent" vs Wyoming topic.
I'm just practicing in case Wyoming men's basketball ever becomes relevant again.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Please win tonight.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

There's maybe 1500 people here at tip off
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

This is just a bad team. I don’t know if I can recall another team who dribbles into bad situations and picks up their dribble as much as this team. Seems like something a coaching staff should be able to see as well....
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy

Well, this is two bad basketball teams and at the half, Wyoming is worse than Utah Valley. Thanks to that miracle by Banks the Pokes are only down 5. If I didn't know better, I would think these are both JC teams.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We get a buzzer 3 to get within 5 at the half against a team that Casper college could beat. I feel bad for the players and anyone who cares about Cowboy basketball. Simply unwatchable. The entire staff should be let go at half time.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

They sure stand around, watch the dribbler dont work to get the ball little alone move, and forget about getting an offensive rebound. It's time Burman, cuz the lack of energy in this former Dome of Doom is truly pathetic.....come to the games see it for yourself, not what others are telling you, or maybe a letter to the Prez for you both to be sent packin
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

stymeman wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:54 pm They sure stand around, watch the dribbler dont work to get the ball little alone move, and forget about getting an offensive rebound. It's time Burman, cuz the lack of energy in this former Dome of Doom is truly pathetic.....come to the games see it for yourself, not what others are telling you, or maybe a letter to the Prez for you both to be sent packin
Burman is going to hibernate until March. It's obvious there is no level of incompetence that will get him fired. We can only pray that the next coach is not a buddy of his.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Haha what a way to lose. Damn.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Outside of the D3 game, I don’t know who we beat. This is rock bottom.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:46 pm Haha what a way to lose. Damn.
Really? Does it matter one way or another to the future of the program if we win a close game against a school no one has ever heard of? They got more points in the paint than we did. They looked like the better team. We are the San Jose St. of the MWC - the one that lost every MWC game a few years ago.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:50 pm Outside of the D3 game, I don’t know who we beat. This is rock bottom.
I wish you were right, but I think rock bottom isn't here yet. We are going to get curb stomped by every team in the conference and very few of the games will be in doubt at halftime.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:53 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:46 pm Haha what a way to lose. Damn.
Really? Does it matter one way or another to the future of the program if we win a close game against a school no one has ever heard of? They got more points in the paint than we did. They looked like the better team. We are the San Jose St. of the MWC - the one that lost every MWC game a few years ago.
Well... yes. Winning over a terrible team is always better than losing to that terrible team.... so....
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:12 pm
Well... yes. Winning over a terrible team is always better than losing to that terrible team.... so....

I hear ya. And on some level, I agree. Rightly or wrongly, my feelings are about the same as the last year or 2 of Schroyer. I will not re engage until something is done that makes me think the higher ups give a poop about putting a competitive product on the court.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:12 pm

I hear ya. And on some level, I agree. Rightly or wrongly, my feelings are about the same as the last year or 2 of Schroyer. I will not re engage until something is done that makes me think the higher ups give a Sh#t about putting a competitive product on the court.
We can agree on that. Gave up my seats this season and won’t be reupping until the state of the program is greatly improved
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I loved their fight the 2nd half but at the very end the not knowing how to win and costly mistake did us in......i sure hope Burman enjoys his status and fun going to Tucson, but when he gets back the nightmare that is Cowboy Basketball will be staring him in the face and its a brutal start at Boise St NYD, at CSU Jan4 and @home vs a nationally ranked SDSU....what a way to motivate and start 2020.... try to find a way against DU Saturday (afterall finals will be over) and 28th vs who???

PS: can we have a Jake Hendricks sighting and soon
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I used to be a huge fan. I haven't paid attention for two years. I look at the subject titles, then move on to Bills news, or Vikings news, or Seahawks news, or recipes... Lots of poop more important than Wyoming basketball.