Does Edwards last the whole year....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

? Has UW ever fired a coach during the season?
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Schroyer left before the end of the year. I don't think he was fired per se, but left after he was told he wouldn't be retained.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Hard to say with this soft administration
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

He's gone in February. Not "un-retained", but fired.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 am He's gone in February. Not "un-retained", but fired.
I don't disbelieve (?) you, if that's a word. But why would they can him just before the season is over? Is that to speed up the hiring process and let potential candidates know that the job is open?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:09 am
Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 am He's gone in February. Not "un-retained", but fired.
I don't disbelieve (?) you, if that's a word. But why would they can him just before the season is over? Is that to speed up the hiring process and let potential candidates know that the job is open?
I think those are two reasons. It's also a bit of an HR practice. Give him the opportunity to perform, then, when he doesn't, it's a safer position for UW. It's very rare for a head coach to be let go before the first third of conference play. Rare for them to be let go before the first half of conference play. Most of them are shown the door with 3-4 regular season games remaining.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

If things continue on this course, and no reason to think they won’t, I don’t know how you keep him into mid January. Letting him go early would at least signal the fans and players that we are serious and help is on the way. I can’t imagine just sitting back and letting the players take 30 point losses every night into late February before doing something. Feel bad for them.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Plus or minus(from today Dec 16) does he coach 10 more games?
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

stymeman wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:14 pm Plus or minus(from today Dec 16) does he coach 10 more games?
My money would be on Burman keeping him around until after 15 Feb...a 2nd loss to the Ewes...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

He is just an awful coach. Same with his entire staff...small man syndrome "screamin" Shyatt included.

Burman took a chance, on the cheap, and it backfired. Second jacked-up hire from Burman in men's hoops, the first (Schroyer) was maybe a greater travesty, as Burman extended him and cost the university hundreds of thousands to dig out from.

Third time is a charm I guess? We'll see.

Pair together the poor hires, awful extension for Schroyer, along with the AA seating re-assignment and half assed remodel, and UW men's basketball is in the worst condition it has ever been in.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Those empty yellow seats are truly an eyesore. Especially "if" we are on TV, still not a fan of the (court) remodel of the AA, gonna be a long conference season(again)
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Hopefully he doesn't make the calendar year
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Still around, maybe waiting for the miracle against SDSU tomorrow, yeah right
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

What if he beats SDS? :lol: :lol: :lol:
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Pokes are 17.5 point dogs in this one. I think it will be worse than that.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.