Northern Colorado

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Couldn't make it over due to the heavy snow, but sounds like 2 evenly matched teams, get er done Pokes
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

34-40 @ half, cmon guys, Banks and Maldonado 8 at half
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

The blow out is beginning unfortunately
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

53-74 lost 5 straight, won't get much better me thinks, does Burman wait to pull the ripcord b4 or after the Bowl game?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Ouch
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Just watched Edwards post game speech. ARE YOU f-word KIDDING ME??? Why? WHY?!! is this guy still here? This is worse than Shroyer...way worse!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

I'm pretty sure that a random group of guys from half acre could lose by 21 to northern Colorado!!! Terrible!
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:19 pm Just watched Edwards post game speech. ARE YOU f##k[#] KIDDING ME??? Why? WHY?!! is this guy still here? This is worse than Shroyer...way worse!!
Holy crap, I just watched it as well. It is obvious the team has quit and Edwards has quit as well. I have never seen such defeatism in a coach.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Where can I find the post game?
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Oh...and we need to STOP SHOOTING THE FREAKIN' 3 SO DAMN MUCH! 2-11 Won't cut it.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:26 pm Where can I find the post game?
Just do a google search for "wyo vision youtube"
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:26 pm Where can I find the post game?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:28 pm Oh...and we need to STOP SHOOTING THE FREAKIN' 3 SO DAMN MUCH! 2-11 Won't cut it.
A D1 mens bb team on their home court should shoot the 3 better than a junior high girls team. If you didn't notice, we shoot almost as bad inside the 3 pt line.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

At the end of the day, Allen, you can't coach at the D-1 level, at least not as head coach. He's got all of the terminology down, and knows his teams' deficiencies, but he simply isn't able to coach these guys up. Under better tutelage, this group might be a 20+ win club, but with this staff they will be lucky to win 4 more games this year. I thought we couldn't get any worse than Heath, but I believe we have arrived at that point.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Schroyer was delusional enough to believe in himself right up until the end. Edwards is just sticking around for the paycheck.

Time to start putting together a serious compensation package to compete in the top third of the conference for a new basketball coach. Needs to be in the $1M range, bonuses included. Barring a miracle, Edwards is gone mid-February.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I think Burman doesn't want to ruin someone's Xmas
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:18 am Schroyer was delusional enough to believe in himself right up until the end. Edwards is just sticking around for the paycheck.

Time to start putting together a serious compensation package to compete in the top third of the conference for a new basketball coach. Needs to be in the $1M range, bonuses included. Barring a miracle, Edwards is gone mid-February.
While I agree with you, no way we’re putting together that kind of compensation for the next coach. TB is all in on Craig Bohl and football at the cost of men’s b-ball. It’s apparent men’s basketball is treated more like an Olympic sport in this administration. At best we can hope to hire a promising coach such as UNCs coach.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:10 am
Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:18 am Schroyer was delusional enough to believe in himself right up until the end. Edwards is just sticking around for the paycheck.

While I agree with you, no way we’re putting together that kind of compensation for the next coach. TB is all in on Craig Bohl and football at the cost of men’s b-ball. It’s apparent men’s basketball is treated more like an Olympic sport in this administration. At best we can hope to hire a promising coach such as UNCs coach.
Nonsense. Burman pretty much reacts to the donors now. It's why we pay our head football coach well, and it's why we have Craig Bohl. Now it's time to bring basketball back to a competitive level. There will be people who see to it that the compensation is there.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:39 am

Nonsense. Burman pretty much reacts to the donors now. It's why we pay our head football coach well, and it's why we have Craig Bohl. Now it's time to bring basketball back to a competitive level. There will be people who see to it that the compensation is there.
I agree. There is zero reason Wyoming can't shell out around 1 million/year for a good basketball coach
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:30 am
Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:39 am

I agree. There is zero reason Wyoming can't shell out around 1 million/year for a good basketball coach
People, including Tom Burman, said we'd never pay $1M for a football coach.

If we can get into the $750k-900k range with a plan to get to $1M to keep the right guy, we'll be competitive. It'll get done.