Northern Colorado

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:11 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:30 am
Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:39 am
calpoke25 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:10 am
Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:18 am Schroyer was delusional enough to believe in himself right up until the end. Edwards is just sticking around for the paycheck.

Time to start putting together a serious compensation package to compete in the top third of the conference for a new basketball coach. Needs to be in the $1M range, bonuses included. Barring a miracle, Edwards is gone mid-February.
While I agree with you, no way we’re putting together that kind of compensation for the next coach. TB is all in on Craig Bohl and football at the cost of men’s b-ball. It’s apparent men’s basketball is treated more like an Olympic sport in this administration. At best we can hope to hire a promising coach such as UNCs coach.
Nonsense. Burman pretty much reacts to the donors now. It's why we pay our head football coach well, and it's why we have Craig Bohl. Now it's time to bring basketball back to a competitive level. There will be people who see to it that the compensation is there.
I agree. There is zero reason Wyoming can't shell out around 1 million/year for a good basketball coach
People, including Tom Burman, said we'd never pay $1M for a football coach.

If we can get into the $750k-900k range with a plan to get to $1M to keep the right guy, we'll be competitive. It'll get done.
I hope you’re right because that’s what it will take. All the evidence we have of how this administration treats the basketball program speaks to the contrary. I believe the reason we didn’t can Edwards last year is because we had to pay Bohl his retention bonus. We went cheap on the AA remodel, never finished it the way it was proposed. We would never do such a thing to a football facility. Basketball has been getting the shafted for a while now.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

My thing is who would be on the radar????