Air Force

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Anybody taking this one in, not me the rust will be too great and i think if AF scores 45 or more we'll be in trouble, bring on conference play, i think...
IowaCowboy
Buckaroo

we are a horrible team. sad...
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Heading over for my first game of the year. AF is not very good and we are at home. I think we take this one.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Wish i could see that, u shall see what type of product this is(or isnt), we won't have an answer for Lavelle Scottie, we lose by 15, sorry
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Not one post for the game tonight. Not too surprised. It's really sad watching us getting pounded on our own court by a pretty mediocre Air Force team.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I like Taylor, he plays a lot bigger than he actually is.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Maybe we should move out to the three point line to actually contest a shot every once in a while
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

This team doesn't care....period.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:26 pm This team doesn't care....period.
I think that's very unfair, and inaccurate. We simply don't have enough shooters, rebounders, and play makers. Change that from enough to any.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

The players care. The average fan may be another story.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:29 pm
PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:26 pm This team doesn't care....period.
I think that's very unfair, and inaccurate. We simply don't have enough shooters, rebounders, and play makers. Change that from enough to any.
I base my statement on the obvious lack of urgency and energy being displayed on the floor. Maybe that's more a reflection of this coaching staff than it is the players. I withdraw my statement about the players not caring, this is more a symptom of the malaise attitude of the coaches, they know they are on the hot seat. They recruited these guys, they signed these guys and they seemed to not give a poop that they have done nothing to help develop these guys, or maybe they just don't know how...
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:41 pm
I base my statement on the obvious lack of urgency and energy being displayed on the floor. Maybe that's more a reflection of this coaching staff than it is the players. I withdraw my statement about the players not caring, this is more a symptom of the malaise attitude of the coaches, they know they are on the hot seat. They recruited these guys, they signed these guys and they seemed to not give a poop that they have done nothing to help develop these guys, or maybe they just don't know how...
That's fair. I was being a bit tongue in cheek. But whether it's coaching or some other factor, I don't see much talent on the court. When a team shoots as many 3's as we do, you better make some. And we really don't have a single dependable outside shooter. Yet, we have no post up players either. Kind of between a rock and a hard place.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

They actually hung in there 2nd half, only lost by 9 86-77, thats ok, let's get one for Fennis on Saturday (can he still stroke it???, lol) Beat the Bozos!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I went. The players play hard and do care. They care a lot so it's not fair to say they don't care. We've got a few nicer players, just not enough of them.

My question is where are the big guys we signed? I have not seen a single one of them this year. I bet they would help.

I couldn't believe how AF shot the three. I think they made a three 6 or 7 consecutive times down the floor.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Can't stop a hot shooting team like that, try to defend it as best as you can, liked the run we went on, hoped that'll change in our favor someday soon
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Meh .... low talent squad meets bad coaching. My prediction is still that we will have an all time stinker of a season.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 am Can't stop a hot shooting team like that, try to defend it as best as you can, liked the run we went on, hoped that'll change in our favor someday soon
I didn't watch the game but Wyoming was almost equally as hot from 3 going 14-31 as was Air Force going 17-30 so I'm not sure I agree that it was the result of a team just being hot and Wyoming being cold. Seems that Wyoming just isn't a very good team.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:41 pm
It's pretty obvious that Edwards is just sticking around for the paycheck. One of his neighbors told me he just ignores people when they wave or say hello to him. Said he let his yard go to seed. Sounds like someone who knows he's earning above his pay grade and no longer cares. He knows what's coming, so why bother...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:43 pm I went. The players play hard and do care. They care a lot so it's not fair to say they don't care. We've got a few nicer players, just not enough of them.

My question is where are the big guys we signed? I have not seen a single one of them this year. I bet they would help.

I couldn't believe how AF shot the three. I think they made a three 6 or 7 consecutive times down the floor.
The "big guys" are skinny as a pole and spend the game standing at the three point line trying to be Klay Thompson.