Colorado in Vegas

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

The Cowboys need to recruit a couple of bigs that have no problem playing under the basket. Seems every team we play has at least one kid who loves contact and will fight for boards. I miss the likes of Leckner, Garnett, Slater, Theo, etc.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

It isn’t just a Shyatt/Edwards thing:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/145 ... room-floor

In the age of advanced analytics, the trend has been that, statistically, the benefits transition defense trump the benefits of offensive rebounds.

I’m sure that differs from team to team. If I had to guess, I’d guess that if we crashed boards with our not-so-bully personnel, we wouldn’t come up with many anyway and would end up in a bad spot defensively more often than not.

With Shyatt’s teams, the offensive rebounding would probably have had more success than this squad, but he still emphasized getting back.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

15-15 @ half, whaaaaaa...
Hey AJ arent u spozed to play well and try to score some points in front of home cookin??? Maybe you are warming up for TCU tomorrow nite, pathetic
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Vt poke wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:15 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm Not even going for offensive rebounds is the most monumentally stupid thing known to man
Insane! Our next coach better preach that. Absolutely mind blowing we don’t crash the boards
Not to mention none of our guys on the blocks during opponent free throws, again pathetic
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:53 am
Vt poke wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:15 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm Not even going for offensive rebounds is the most monumentally stupid thing known to man
Insane! Our next coach better preach that. Absolutely mind blowing we don’t crash the boards
Not to mention none of our guys on the blocks during opponent free throws, again pathetic
...none of our guys on the blocks during OPPONENT free throws?

You sure about that?

I think if that happened, it would've gone viral.