Louisiana

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Not going(for sure) a bit too snowy for my liking afterwards and going over Friday nite, betcha they'll only have 2k tonite, if we play like Tuesday nite should be a great nite, Get the Ragin Cajuns!!! Then time for the road again, maybe AJs homecoming (in this Vegas tourney) will help spark us against a top 25 CU team Sunday
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

RPI 78 vs. RPI 299. I wonder how that will turn out?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Ouch, we shall see 7220 might help
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:32 pm Ouch, we shall see 7220 might help
Yes, maybe the 7220 is why the oddsmakers surprisingly have the Pokes by 1. Or maybe Edwards is out sick for this one.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

There are times we look like a basketball team
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

And pokes start hucking bricks from three just after I post this.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Any word on Tyler Mormon? Haven’t seen him play in a few games
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:49 pm And pokes start hucking bricks from three just after I post this.
Worst 3 pt shooting display I've ever seen. But at least we're playing some defense and rebounding a bit.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

Two bad mistakes by Maldo (plus virtually no points). Bad.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Thompson having best game I've ever seen him play. He actually moved without the ball and is playing some defense.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Listened to last 5 minutes, HT was big, but from sounds of it 7220 did play a factor as the Ragin Cajuns ran outta gas in OT, good win!!!( not sure if anyone else listens, man are our coaches loud and yellin and screamin) almost a bit too much, good win tho(Was this streamed anywhere???)
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Didn’t get to watch much of this game but it looks like Thompson had a game. I like to see that. Looks like maldo had a rough night. Anyone watch it have info on him? Off night or did the Cajuns lock down and him? Either way, that’s another good win
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:20 pm Didn’t get to watch much of this game but it looks like Thompson had a game. I like to see that. Looks like maldo had a rough night. Anyone watch it have info on him? Off night or did the Cajuns lock down and him? Either way, that’s another good win
This offense, especially tonight was all about movement without the ball and hucking up threes. Maldo is at his best driving and creating. Not a lot of that tonight from anyone other than a few nice drives by TJ and runners from Banks. Towards the end of the game, Maldo tried taking over the point and had a couple costly turnovers, but atoned by being money at the line. HT had himself a very jive game both offensively and defensively
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

stymeman wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:17 pm Listened to last 5 minutes, HT was big, but from sounds of it 7220 did play a factor as the Ragin Cajuns ran outta gas in OT, good win!!!( not sure if anyone else listens, man are our coaches loud and yellin and screamin) almost a bit too much, good win tho(Was this streamed anywhere???)

Game was streamed on the MWC.com. I just go to the UW website and they have a link there. Edwards is audible the entire game. He's into it - I'll give him that. We played much better defense tonight. This team looked night and day better than a week or so ago.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:25 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:20 pm Didn’t get to watch much of this game but it looks like Thompson had a game. I like to see that. Looks like maldo had a rough night. Anyone watch it have info on him? Off night or did the Cajuns lock down and him? Either way, that’s another good win
This offense, especially tonight was all about movement without the ball and hucking up threes. Maldo is at his best driving and creating. Not a lot of that tonight from anyone other than a few nice drives by TJ and runners from Banks. Towards the end of the game, Maldo tried taking over the point and had a couple costly turnovers, but atoned by being money at the line. HT had himself a very jive game both offensively and defensively
Thanks for the breakdown. Hope the team can continue to grow and put all the pieces together going forward.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I’m impressed with the team rebounding mentality on the defensive boards. Hendricks, Maldo and Banks are all very good rebounding guards. Now If we could only see some of that on the offensive boards! 😜
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

The stream is at themw.com which is the mountain west website.

Hunter did have a nice game. I was impressed with Taylor. He’s learning to move and getting easy buckets. Would like to see him on the boards more as I think he’s athletic enough to clean them up better. Taylor, Thompson and Banks had solid games. Banks had a sweet dunk. Maldo and Hendricks were off, especially Hendricks from 3 but he did well on the boards.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:56 pm The stream is at themw.com which is the mountain west website.

Hunter did have a nice game. I was impressed with Taylor. He’s learning to move and getting easy buckets. Would like to see him on the boards more as I think he’s athletic enough to clean them up better. Taylor, Thompson and Banks had solid games. Banks had a sweet dunk. Maldo and Hendricks were off, especially Hendricks from 3 but he did well on the boards.
Agree with this. I think Foster looks really good out there as well. Plays very good D. His shot will start to drop, but can def play at this level
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

I honestly thought we were going to lose this one going in. The altitude definitely helped us but it still feels good to get a win against a Solid team.
CSPokeFan
Buckaroo

This was a solid win against a pretty good team. Louisiana had four players averaging double figures going into the game and they play a hawking defense. FINALLY good to see Thompson get aggressive and rebound. I know he loves to play out on the perimeter, but with his size we need him to rebound and battle inside as well. More and more impressed with TJ - driving hard to the basket and Banks had some pretty one-handed floaters at critical times during the game. It would have been hard to believe we win this game with Maldo only scoring 11, but we did! Good team win. Now we need to bring this momentum to Vegas - tough field for this tournament with CU, TCU and Clemson.