Detroit Mercy

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:33 am Very well played game by the Pokes. DM is no powerhouse but the way the Pokes played on the D side of the ball was refreshing. They challenged every shot, were in pretty good positions, and played clean ball. The offensive side is still the same poop sandwhich it always is, we just made more shots than we usually do. I would like to see more of an offense with plays and such but baby steps. I thought Taylor played well, i'd like to see him carry this forward and start performing against better competition. Maldonado cannot carry the load alone, he will need other scorers like Taylor and Hendricks.

Was surprised and encouraged by what I saw last night.
+1 The kids showed marked improvement last night. Time will tell if they are figuring things out. The teams in Vegas are a major step up in quality so we shall see. For now, I'll enjoy last night's victory.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:33 am Very well played game by the Pokes. DM is no powerhouse but the way the Pokes played on the D side of the ball was refreshing. They challenged every shot, were in pretty good positions, and played clean ball. The offensive side is still the same poop sandwhich it always is, we just made more shots than we usually do. I would like to see more of an offense with plays and such but baby steps. I thought Taylor played well, i'd like to see him carry this forward and start performing against better competition. Maldonado cannot carry the load alone, he will need other scorers like Taylor and Hendricks.

Was surprised and encouraged by what I saw last night.
+1 The kids showed marked improvement last night. Time will tell if they are figuring things out. The teams in Vegas are a major step up in quality so we shall see. For now, I'll enjoy last night's victory.
Absolutely. I am not expecting wins but would be VERY happy with hard fought, clean played games against a step up in competition.

I really hope we have hit rock bottom and are now building our way back up. I was pleasantly surprised last night.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

What struck me about last night was MOVEMENT (except in the last few minutes of the game). Players without the ball were moving. The player with the ball either got rid of it quickly or moved with it, unlike in previous games where they just stood there and held it.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I agree in the movement truly apparent sure hope they do it again tomorrow against the Ragin Cajuns
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Before anybody gets too excited, Wyo's RPI is 299 and Mercy's is 306.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:40 pm Before anybody gets too excited, Wyo's RPI is 299 and Mercy's is 306.
Improvement! Last year we finished the season at RPI 329.