Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Well that was not encouraging. I see 7 wins this year
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 am Well that was not encouraging. I see 7 wins this year
Sadly I agree with you. In order for this team to have a chance, we need to open it up. If we are going to play without a true big, basically 4 guards and a stretch 4, we need to get out and run, not play 1/2 court sets. If the argument is that they will be tired, I don’t buy it; Edwards plays everyone like I did with my son in 4th grade, equal playing time. Sadly, AE won’t realize that he needs his best 7 to play 28-34 mins a game, not split all minutes up
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:54 am
Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 pm Watching Basketball this year is going to be just as painful as watching the final 6 games of the Football season.

Going to be a really rough Wyoming Athletics season.
There is no comparison between the state of the football and basketball programs. Sorry, this post makes no sense.
I never compared the state of the Football or Basketball programs that is you making assumptions which also makes no sense.

I'm not sure how your missing the comparison so let me write it down for you.

The Football program has beat one team with a winning record and that's exactly what I expect of the Basketball team and to me that's makes watching either sport painful.

This Boise State team we just lost to we should have beat by 2-3 touchdowns. It was a horrendous display of coaching mainly offensive play calling.

You might enjoy watching us pummel bad teams and lose to good teams but I don't.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:31 am
Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 pm Watching Basketball this year is going to be just as painful as watching the final 6 games of the Football season.

There is no comparison between the state of the football and basketball programs. Sorry, this post makes no sense.
I never compared the state of the Football or Basketball programs that is you making assumptions which also makes no sense.

The Football program has beat one team with a winning record and that's exactly what I expect of the Basketball team and to me that's makes watching either sport painful.

This Boise State team we just lost to we should have beat by 2-3 touchdowns. It was a horrendous display of coaching mainly offensive play calling.

You might enjoy watching us pummel bad teams and lose to good teams but I don't.
Your ‘facts’ aren’t even right. 2 of Wyoming’s 6 football wins have come against teams with winning records. One of those teams with a winning record, Wyoming destroyed and the other team plays in the SEC. In every game, Wyoming football has been in it up until the final play.

Sorry you don’t enjoy watching a football program that plays its ass off every week and competes. I do.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 pm You might enjoy watching us pummel bad teams and lose to good teams but I don't.
I know you've been around a while, how are you going to ignore the fact that most Wyoming football seasons consist of us getting pummeled by good teams and losing to bad ones?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:42 am
Wyo2dal wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:31 am

Your ‘facts’ aren’t even right. 2 of Wyoming’s 6 football wins have come against teams with winning records. One of those teams with a winning record, Wyoming destroyed and the other team plays in the SEC. In every game, Wyoming football has been in it up until the final play.

Sorry you don’t enjoy watching a football program that plays its ass off every week and competes. I do.
My mistake Nevada is so bad I didn’t realize they actually had a winning record. So two teams that’s definitely worth being excited over.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:56 am
Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:13 pm You might enjoy watching us pummel bad teams and lose to good teams but I don't.
I know you've been around a while, how are you going to ignore the fact that most Wyoming football seasons consist of us getting pummeled by good teams and losing to bad ones?
I’m not ignoring it I’m tired of it and thought by this deep into Bohls tenure we would actually be beating better teams regularly. That Boise State team is the weakest version we’ve ever faced.

We’ve still lost to bad teams this season.

I’m just tired of mediocrity if you guys are fine with it I have no problem with that but don’t attack me because I have a difference of opinion.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I think too many people put waaaaay too much stock beating an average SEC team 1st game, yes its exciting(then) but what does it do for us now??? The ebbs and flows of being a Pokes fan, my problem is it seems to stay the same, year in year out.....how bad do they want to Beeet the Sheeeep, hopefully more than 15k try to help with that Friday nite, lets try to keep bball on its site and football on its site as well