It's not getting better

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:11 pm Edwards is so gone.
He should never have been hired in the first place. He's a lot like Heath in so many ways. You would think Burman would have learned his lesson with Heath, but nope, here he is repeating history. Maybe Tommy Boy needs to leave with Edwards.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OK. Time to pile on! Burn this whole program with fire and start over.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Would a 1-29 record get rid of Edwards? If so, let it be.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

If they keep playing like they did yesterday he won't make it to February.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 pm
Zero chance that Edwards doesn't finish the year. We could lose every game by 50 and he would be allowed to finish out the year. I view it as a bit of a lost season but I am hopeful we can find a way to win a few games. The Idaho State win was a nice surprise.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:45 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 pm
Zero chance that Edwards doesn't finish the year. We could lose every game by 50 and he would be allowed to finish out the year. I view it as a bit of a lost season but I am hopeful we can find a way to win a few games. The Idaho State win was a nice surprise.
Sadly, I think that's right. In reality, Burman should be fired right along with Edwards.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I would be curious how different it would be if Lil Shyatt was at the helm, maybe we'll see soon enough, what is AE's buyout
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:51 pm I would be curious how different it would be if Lil Shyatt was at the helm, maybe we'll see soon enough, what is AE's buyout
Please for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, do not ever say anything like this again. Get rid of this entire staff and bring in a group of competent coaches.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

DVDA wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 pm
stymeman wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:51 pm I would be curious how different it would be if Lil Shyatt was at the helm, maybe we'll see soon enough, what is AE's buyout
Please for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, do not ever say anything like this again. Get rid of this entire staff and bring in a group of competent coaches.
+1
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

CowboyNV wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 am
+1
Shyatt was and is a wonderful human being. But his contribution to UW basketball is uninspired at best. Even with Nance his best season was a tie for 4th and a very lucky MWC tourney win. A dismal record at Clemson and a losing record (conference) here screams let's not revisit this family tree and just start over.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

GetRealMan wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:32 pm
CowboyNV wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 am
+1
Shyatt was and is a wonderful human being. But his contribution to UW basketball is uninspired at best. Even with Nance his best season was a tie for 4th and a very lucky MWC tourney win. A dismal record at Clemson and a losing record (conference) here screams let's not revisit this family tree and just start over.
One was here because he is actually a decent coach capable of winning some games and building a program. The other was/is here because his dad was the coach. The basketball program doesn't need any more nepotism. Nepotism is the reason the program is in the poop again.
IowaCowboy
Buckaroo

I am telling you...on December 28th, we play the Division III national champions from last year. They didn't graduate anyone of significance from that team. I know them well because I coach a different sport in the same conference. I've watched them play. And we will struggle. If we lose this game, it will be the worst loss in program history. Edwards needs to go as soon as possible and we need a whole new start. I would love to have coach Miles!
IowaCowboy
Buckaroo

nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm I just noticed that Tim Miles was fired from Nebraska last year. I think that could be a good get for us, what do you guys think?
Yes, yes, yes. Phenomenal coach and guy.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Not sure why any of you want Tim Miles. He isn’t that good of a coach. So no thanks.

Need completely new blood here. No left overs from other teams in the conference.

He only had two winning seasons at CSU.

19-13 and 20-12. Which is no better than Edwards best year at Wyoming. His overall record between CSU and Nebraska is only 187-202 for a whopping 48% win percentage.

Mediocrity at its finest.

I would rather give someone their first head coaching job and see what they can do more so than have a 48% win coach that we have already seen what he can do.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
IowaCowboy
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:56 pm Not sure why any of you want Tim Miles. He isn’t that good of a coach. So no thanks.

Need completely new blood here. No left overs from other teams in the conference.

He only had two winning seasons at CSU.

19-13 and 20-12. Which is no better than Edwards best year at Wyoming. His overall record between CSU and Nebraska is only 187-202 for a whopping 48% win percentage.

Mediocrity at its finest.

I would rather give someone their first head coaching job and see what they can do more so than have a 48% win coach that we have already seen what he can do.
Well...we can have a different opinion on if he's a good coach or not. I think he's a good coach and he's a players coach. But I agree with you...we need new blood from what we have had at Wyoming. But Tim Miles would be new blood. Regardless...I'll be happy if our AD can bring in a similar hire to what he did for football with coach Bohl.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

For sure this whole staff is trash
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I had hoped beyond hope that he’d turn it around. It’s over and we should begin narrowing down a wish list.
W-Y, Until I Die!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Let's just go back to where it all fell off the rails and reset the program by bringing back the guy that had the most recent success at Wyoming....

https://uicflames.com/sports/mens-baske ... clain/2067

I mean, he did bring exciting basketball to WYO!
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:47 pm Let's just go back to where it all fell off the rails and reset the program by bringing back the guy that had the most recent success at Wyoming....

I miss the rat boy years. Too bad he tried to jump ship and spent all his time looking for a job instead of receuiting.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

nashvillepoke wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:09 pm
PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:47 pm Let's just go back to where it all fell off the rails and reset the program by bringing back the guy that had the most recent success at Wyoming....

I miss the rat boy years. Too bad he tried to jump ship and spent all his time looking for a job instead of receuiting.
He brought some damn good players in when he was interested in keeping his job