Idaho St game thread

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

307bball wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 pm
TSpoke wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:49 am
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:55 am We won by 14. Can we at least wait until we lose to declare this team a failure? yeesh. Are we going to be conference champs? no. Are we going to be slightly better than last year? At this point I would say yes. Let's at least give them a chance. If (when) we lose a bunch of games then we can pile on
That was my thought as well. I was surprised when I logged on today to see the comments from the game. I wasn't expecting glowing reviews but to see the trashing after winning a game easier than even the 14 point victory suggested and with some pretty good defense(for once during the AE era), I was surprised. Of course after last se4ason we aren't going to be competeing for a championship this year but I am looking for growth wit hthe young squad. Lets see more than 1 game(that was even a bad game) before we write this team off.
Your right...this thread is about the Idaho State game and people are rolling their disdain for Edwards program as a whole into it.

Here's the thing...There is no margin for error with Edwards at this point. He picks up this year right were the bad feelings of last year left off. I wanted him gone last year and beating nobody teams by any margin does not change that for me. The only thing that changes it for me is a top quarter finish in the MWC.
Actually I take back the comment about requiring an upper quarter finish in the MWC. The thing that bugs me is how un-sound this team is with the fundamentals of the game. I'm ok if we suck (short term) as long as it's obvious that development is happening.