Disappointing Cowboy Open

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Cole Verner does not place losing to a Nebraska-Kearney D2 wrestler 11-6 in the wrestlebacks.

Montorie Bridges loses to a true freshman unattached wrestler Theo Robison from Northern Colorado.

Sam Turner doesn’t wrestle. Don’t know why.

Jaron Jensen loses convincingly to true freshman Alirez from UNc at 149 in the final. Not too surprising as Alirez could win a national title; he is that good.

Dewey wrestles up at 165 as I suspected and takes 3rd.

Hastings dominates at 174 to win it.

Samuelson loses in the finals to the Northern Colorado wrestler. Disappointing.

Cale Davidson gets revenge against Northern Colorado’s Seely from last year and wins at 197. Good win.

Brian Andrews wins at HWT. Great to see! Bartlett wrestled the ‘amateur’ division and took 4th losing to true freshman teammate Terren Swartz from Gillette. It appears I was wrong about Bartlett being able to come in at a really high level after taking 4 years off.

Overall - Northern Colorado’s program appears headed for a breakout with a young group of really good wrestlers!! Wyoming’s performance is concerning but hope it was just early season struggles.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Another notable - Analu Benabise from Casper took 3rd in the amateur division. Why is this of note...well he is a high school junior. Must sign him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:36 pm Another notable - Analu Benabise from Casper took 3rd in the amateur division. Why is this of note...well he is a high school junior. Must sign him.
Wow. What weight?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:17 pm Cole Verner does not place losing to a Nebraska-Kearney D2 wrestler 11-6 in the wrestlebacks.

Montorie Bridges loses to a true freshman unattached wrestler Theo Robison from Northern Colorado.

Sam Turner doesn’t wrestle. Don’t know why.

Jaron Jensen loses convincingly to true freshman Alirez from UNc at 149 in the final. Not too surprising as Alirez could win a national title; he is that good.

Dewey wrestles up at 165 as I suspected and takes 3rd.

Hastings dominates at 174 to win it.

Samuelson loses in the finals to the Northern Colorado wrestler. Disappointing.

Cale Davidson gets revenge against Northern Colorado’s Seely from last year and wins at 197. Good win.

Brian Andrews wins at HWT. Great to see! Bartlett wrestled the ‘amateur’ division and took 4th losing to true freshman teammate Terren Swartz from Gillette. It appears I was wrong about Bartlett being able to come in at a really high level after taking 4 years off.

Overall - Northern Colorado’s program appears headed for a breakout with a young group of really good wrestlers!! Wyoming’s performance is concerning but hope it was just early season struggles.
I'm afraid Montorrie is going to pull a "Tyler Cox" and peak as a freshman. I hope not, but that is the direction it's going. Come on, Montorrie!

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think about Turner... hope we get to see him this year.

Congrats to Andrews, Davidson and Hastings. Those three should be in the rankings all throughout the year.

It's tough to feel too good about the weekend.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:23 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:36 pm Another notable - Analu Benabise from Casper took 3rd in the amateur division. Why is this of note...well he is a high school junior. Must sign him.
Wow. What weight?
149. Doing things like that will turn some heads for sure.